Installed UPR Blue Thunder Shifter

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
I had a package on the doorstep when I came home today. My UPR Blue Thunder shifter had arrived.

The install went pretty easy. The only problem with the kit I had was that the instructions stated not to use the stock bolts to mount the shifter because they are too short to use with the UPR....the bolts they supplied were the same length as the stockers! So I went to the hardware store and purchased bolts that were 1cm longer. The difference in thickness of the base of the UPR and the stock unit is also 1cm.

I used the rubber boot off of the stock shifter and stretched it over the top of the UPR (per their suggestion to help isolate noise). I also used the lowest bolt hole mounting locations to get the shortest throw. I then mounted the stock shifter knob on the trick stick handle. Throws are crisp and precise.

For anybody considering the Steeda....save some money and buy the UPR (~$40 savings). I would be willing to bet $$ they are made by the same manufacturer. The UPR is a quality piece.
:beer:

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Glad you like it! After some dealings I had with UPR on some parts for my GT and a few phone conversations I had with them and a few posts I've read about them......[rant on]I WILL NEVER BUY FROM UPR AGAIN!!! Also, to be fair I've read some bad things about other manufacturers that I've dealt with and been happy when others weren't, such as Steeda. Never had a problem, great customer service, but I've read some bad things about them too. Glad you like the shifter, but beware! Just pray THEY don't ship you something you didn't order, or if THEY ship you the wrong finish on a product, or if THEY make any mistake at all, because it will be YOUR fault. They are never wrong, even if you printed out your original order and it was ordered right. Even if the receipt and invoice that comes with the product is what you ordered, and THEY sent the wrong thing...SORRY, I still have issues with them. Enjoy the shifter!

[Rant off].....but not over!

Users who are viewing this thread