Installed the Roush Grille Delete. Interesting results.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Looks great! I thought the Roush lower delete grille came with a plastic piece that went along the upper portion of the vent?

2014-roush-mustang.jpg

Do you see what I mean? There's like a plastic piece that goes above the vent as well that lines the top?

RKL71

Established Member
looks great Philly , but i'm not buying the "lowered head temps by 20degs" unless your car ran at 225 before I'm running a CDC upper delete and homemade lower delete and saw zero change in head temps(I run 205deg)
After I put the super charger on my car I saw head temps up to 255 on a hot day. After the cdc upper the highest I have seen is 230 with the a/c running on a hot day.

...hot days are upper 90's.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Looks great! I thought the Roush lower delete grille came with a plastic piece that went along the upper portion of the vent?

Do you see what I mean? There's like a plastic piece that goes above the vent as well that lines the top?
That piece along the top of the opening is just a decal. It comes with the kit, but imo it looks better without. Beefcake has some good head on shots without the decal and looks great!

4VFTW

Established Member
my car wouldn't leave the driveway with head temps of 230.... and 255? are you sure you have coolant in the motor?

hitmix300

Established Member
my car wouldn't leave the driveway with head temps of 230.... and 255? are you sure you have coolant in the motor?
+1 here

i would NEVER.

after 240 i would think you could see some wear/damage.

are you sure those were the right tempts 4VFTW?

4VFTW

Established Member
are you sure those were the right tempts 4VFTW?
wasn't me that was seeing those temps , mine were 205 with the stock grille in So. Fla. summer heat. My temps are exactly the same now with upper and lower deletes.

After I put the super charger on my car I saw head temps up to 255 on a hot day. After the cdc upper the highest I have seen is 230 with the a/c running on a hot day.

...hot days are upper 90's.

Gabe9195

Whippled Coyote
Established Member
Where does the ambient temp sensor get relocated to?

I have one of these on a UPS truck "out for delivery" for today :) ..... and already started cutting up the bumper ... I'm doing as much as I can here in the driveway, before I go to a buddy's place for the actual install

My car's current look:

2014-07-30_trim2_zpsb0778a9b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread