installed O/R H pipe today...

GTvert90

Established Member
Pretty sure I need to go back and seal up some exhaust leaks as it sounds like ass. Its not running super smooth anymore either. It feels like it is breaking up, I did oil my K&N filter as well.. I guess I'll get the exhaust leaks sealed up and see if it feels any better. I did shut the rear 02's off but left them in the pipe and hooked up to the harness.

For the record I'm not sure there's a question here. Just kind of frustrated, bummed, and maybe someone else had the same thing happen and has an easy fix.

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
Did you get a tune for the offroad pipe? If not, try that and report back with a smooth running car :p

GTvert90

Established Member
Did you get a tune for the offroad pipe? If not, try that and report back with a smooth running car :p
No just turned the rear O2s off with the x4.. I didn't think of needing a tune past that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GTvert90

Established Member
You most definitely do.
Just for the love of god, stay away from BAMA lol!
Yeah I had no intention of going with them. Lol what's my other options? Steeda, Lund? There's a couple local shops. Just not sure it's at the 400 dollar dyno tune stage even tho that would be the best way to go.

Nuar

Established Member
I recommend AED. Shaun is a wizard with these cars.
My second choice would be Lund

Be careful with local shops... these engines and the new ECU they use are a little different than what most tuners are use to. A lot of "good" local tuners have blown these engines up in the past.

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
You can just throw an h pipe on there, but you won't see any benefits w/o a tune.

GTvert90

Established Member
You can just throw an h pipe on there, but you won't see any benefits w/o a tune.
Well the car runs worse for sure. I'll retrace my steps to make sure I'm not missing anything, like an exhaust leak specifically by the manifolds. Then go from there.

Nuar

Established Member
The computer will sense cat issues and dump extra fuel down the exhaust to attempt to cool them from what I've been hearing. Only a tune will correct that issue. In my opinion you are playing with fire running the car without a tune.
The car was not cheap... what's another few hundred bucks to get it running perfect?

Users who are viewing this thread