Installed lca, now car tracks to the side under WOT

saleen homer

Established Member
A few weeks ago, I installed J&M extreme joint lca's. Now when I get on it, the rear of the car wants to go to the side. On the stock lca's, the car went perfectly straight. What is the issue?

CPRsm

Check the alognment in the rear, or switch the arms side to side to see if it tracks the other direction. That would verify the arms are different lengths

cuzracecar

Established Member
There's a pretty good write up on what to measure/ look for that I believe alex12gt posted up in here I think the thread started out *attention all lca/relocation bracket users* the bmr rep had a couple good pics and some good info in there on what to adjust/look for if ur axle not lined up or ur steering wheel is no longer tracking straight

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
There's a pretty good write up on what to measure/ look for that I believe alex12gt posted up in here I think the thread started out *attention all lca/relocation bracket users* the bmr rep had a couple good pics and some good info in there on what to adjust/look for if ur axle not lined up or ur steering wheel is no longer tracking straight

That was with relo brackets. I believe the OP has juat lca's.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

cuzracecar

Established Member
I've also seen lca (bmr&bbr) installed backwards, the directions r kinda confusing at first glance so I would double check just to make sure the washers/thicker side of the lca is in the right place

saleen homer

Established Member
no other suspension mods right now. Stock height. I went out and switched the arms. They are J&M extreme joint lca's. I'm thinking that this may do the trick. I dont drive the car much so I didnt really notice it until last night when I got on it.

saleen homer

Established Member
Cant test it out.... went to upload the new tunes and the damn tuners software decided to delete itself. Have to wait until SCT is open to deal with this. Why do they put out such shitting software? I have been looking around the internet and it seems that this happens all of the time. Why not fix it?

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
Cant test it out.... went to upload the new tunes and the damn tuners software decided to delete itself. Have to wait until SCT is open to deal with this. Why do they put out such shitting software? I have been looking around the internet and it seems that this happens all of the time. Why not fix it?

I uploaded my new firmware last night as did several others this week with no problem? Sorry to hear you had trouble.

kevinp

Established Member
Not to state the obvious but did you make sure both the LCAs were the same length? Mistakes happen..

Users who are viewing this thread