Installed exhaust now 3 codes and CEL. Need help!

roushllc701

Established Member
I recently installed a mbrp 3in ORH and their 3in street series exhaust.

Have a bama V2 93 tune ( revised tune after cat less exhaust H) and a Lund 93 tune for cat less exhaust.30 miles after install of exhaust CEL.. Check the X4 and its reading p0100,p0108, p0110!!! I have reset computer by pulling negative cable twice. Still CEL. I have pulled #47 fuse still CEL. I have tried to delete the codes from X4 and they still show up. I have checked all O2 sensor connections. The car feels very lazy now , as if the exhaust hurt the HP of the car?. The car is a 14 a6 Gt/cs with 13,000 miles. No other mods besides tune and exhaust. Anyone else have this happen? Any help would be appreciated !! I'm lost.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Those are all MAF sensor codes. Did you unplug it? Intake tube loose at the throttle body?

Otherwise, try flashing car to stock and start it. You may get cataytic related codes but the other 3 may disappear. Then reflash the Lund tune.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Thats a MAF, MAP and IAT sensor malfunctions. Sounds like it's unplugged or not making good contact

roushllc701

Established Member
I have checked the MAF sensor and made sure it was clean. The intake connection at throttle body is tight. Where are the MAP and IAT sensors? I will check them.

I am concerned that the 3 codes on the x4 won't delete. Don't really understand that.

I also recently got the Lund tune with the cam lope tune which isn't working sounds like stock idle. I sent Greg at Lund an email about this but no response yet. Thanks for any help guys!!!

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
The IAT sensor is in the MAF sensor housing, the car has no MAP sensor (it is an inferred value) that is why I said they are all "MAF" related codes.

In your tune request, did you specify a stock MAF sensor or do you have an aftermarket sensor?

The codes are all "circuit" codes, meaning the PCM does not see the sensor. This is usually a bad connection, cut / melted wire or bad sensor issue.

roushllc701

Established Member
In the tune request with Lund they only ask you what mods have been done. In my case ORH and exhaust. I can't see any damage to wiring of MAF and the pins inside the connector seem to be intact. Is there a reading I can do on the meter with the car running to see if signal is getting to meter? I have a digital volt meter. I would assume if there's a reading at the meter then the MAF sensor is bad?

9TMAREEE

Established Member
Hey guys, sorry to bring up an old thread, but shortly after installing my Lethal off road X and getting my AED tune on, my cars CEL came up as well. Checked the codes with my x4 and same three codes came up, P0100, P0108 and P0110. OP have you found the solution to this problem?? The car still seems to run fine but I want to try to find the root of this problem

9TMAREEE

Established Member
thank you for the reply OP, and sorry for my ignorance but how do you exactly change the x4 from demo mode?

Users who are viewing this thread