Installed BMR LCA Adjustable

Zims-mustang

Established Member
Tonight I had installed bmr adjustable lower control arms, went for a ride and I can hear a snap in the rear end when I accelerate, and also a constant whine/vibration noise in the rear only when accelerating. Any ideas anyone?

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
Did you torque them with the suspension loaded? Did you give them the proper torque? I think it's like 129 lbs/ft.

Not much else to it really. Are they urethane, heim, or combo?

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Basically he covered it. I see many time when people install UCAs/LCAs they tighten up everything while the car is in the air and then lower and take off. If you grease everything while going together and lower then TQ you shouldn't have any problems.

Since I see you have lower control arms that are adjustable you have to make sure of a few things. They both are the same length and most importantly the pinion angle is still correct. 2 piece DS gives you a lot of lead way but a 1 piece and more than a couple degrees out of tolerance and you will defintely get whining

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Are these race rod ends? If so you will have a distinct increase in gear whine in the cabin.

For the if the snap is a pop/clunk when you are changing speed or braking, then you did not tighten the adjustment nut enough. Use two wrenches and then loctite that in once you found ••the•• spot.

If these are poly, they need to be installed with the suspension loaded. If you did not do that then your bushings are now trash.

Sent from my iHype5 using Tapatalk

Zims-mustang

Established Member
These are double adjustable rod ends, I will make sure they are properly torqued down.

Slabo

Established Member
Did you set them to stock length? Adjustable LCAs can change your pinion angle, wheelbase and thrust angle.

The double adj rod ends will add a lot of noise.

Zims-mustang

Established Member
I did take them out and one of them the threads were a little off length wise. Thank you for all your help

fullboogie

Established Member
Torquing LCA bolts with the suspension loaded is an internet myth. The outer bushings will rotate around the inner steel sleeves when you bring the car down - it's how the LCA's articulate in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread