Installation of '03 Bassani

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Hey,

I 've never installed an exhaust system in my life. I read that this one has clamps, so I don't need to weld anything. Do the stock come off the same way? Should I give it a shot, instead of going to a shop? Any special tools I will need? Flanges? Anyone know of a link with pictures/instructions?

Sorry for the bunch of a questions.

Thanks, g.

Rwick7

Established Member
If you have jack stands and tools you should be ok...I've done x-pipes and there pretty easy. I heard with our IRS a catback change is even easier. Good Luck

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Very Easy

If you're just doing the Cat-Back, it's very easy. If you have ramps or jack stands and a socket set, you can do it easily. I don't think you'll even need instructions once you look at it. Just 4 nuts (2 on each side) and some hangers to get the stock off and perhaps a few more nuts and bolts (depending on which after-market cat-back you have) to put on the new one. The X-pipe is a little tougher but also very DIY.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
I 've never installed an exhaust system in my life. I read that this one has clamps, so I don't need to weld anything. Do the stock come off the same way? Should I give it a shot, instead of going to a shop? Any special tools I will need? Flanges? Anyone know of a link with pictures/instructions?

Sorry for the bunch of a questions.

Thanks, g.

g, sounds like you should pay the 50 green ones and have a shop install it.

Mac...

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
I'll be doing both catback and x. 50 green ones? If it were just for 50 green ones, I wouldn't even be posting anything here. It would save me a lot of time to have someone do it for me, even if I knew how to do it myself. They are asking for 200 over here! And that's a cheap quote. Other guys asked for 400!

I have jack stands, and all kinds of sockets, etc. I had seen a guy put on Flowmaster muflers on my '02 GT, and he did some welding, which I know I can't do. If there's no welding involved (or cutting out stock pipes) and it's just bolting stuff on, I think I can manage.

Thanks to all who replied,
g.

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
It's an exhaust shop. There are no performance shops around here. Little towns suck when it comes to cars! I don't have a lift, but I have a custom made platform I can drive the car on to. I'll give it shot and see what I can do. If I can't figure it out, then I'll go to a shop. Thanks for the link to that thread. It looks pretty straightforward. I'm not sure about the x pipe yet, but I guess I'll find out.

michigancobra

Established Member
I did my Cat-Back and it was easy. From the time the car entered the garage until it pulled out was
45 minutes. I think it took me longer to jack the car up then it did to change the exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread