Install tips for Bob White?

Steeda1

Established Member
Installing bumper decals wednesday and wondering if anyone has any tips. I know its nothing hard, its just that I've heard a lot about people getting air pockets. Are there any way to avoid this? Thanks.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
Use lots of windex or soapy water to allow the decals to slide around with ease for positioning. An exacto or razor blade works good to handle them and for bubbles just try to work from one end and push all the air out the other side of the letter.

Dave

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, follow the advice above and you'll be fine. Make sure the entire back of each letter is soaked. Otherwise you're get air bubbles and won't squeegie out. I know because I made that mistake with my first set.

Also when you're aligning the letters keep in mind that due to the wetness of the Windex on the back of the letters that they will move around with the slightest movement. Don't panic, though, because it takes a few minutes for them to dry so you should have plenty of time to fine tune the alignment. And be sure to squeegie out as much of the underneith liquid as possible to prevent air bubbles.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Steeda1, you can call Bob White and talk to him personally if you have any questions. He's a nice guy!

Users who are viewing this thread