Install rear LCA question

mhyjek

Established Member
So I'm switching out my metco billet LCA's with there relocation brackets to adjustable whiteline and there relocation brackets. Jacked the car up by pumpkin and put jack stands under the axles and started with passenger side doing only one side at a time. I had the jackstand to close to the one bolt so I jacked up by the pumpkin to get at the bolt and hit it with impact wrench left it in but when lowering back on to jack stands it popped out now when I put the whiteline bracket and LCA in its about inch short. What can I do to get it to line up again? The arms measure the same length but the brackets from metcos are different so I will take a measurement on the driverside to see what actual install length is. Can I use the jack under diff and compress to see if that evens it out or is there a better way?
Thanks
Mike

BMR Tech

Put the jackstands under the body of the car, and only use the hydraulic jack under the pumpkin. It's easier to manipulate location of the axle without the jackstands being under the axle tubes.

5OhSlo

Established Member
Might be able to physically push the axle forward to get the bolt in on side and repeat the process on the other my install it came about 1/2-3/4" too short on the sides I just push it forward using the quarter panels lip to push against the axle has some play an when you do the other side it squares it up

Rct851

Established Member
I had my jack stands on the body with a hydraulic under the pumpkin. Then wrapped a ratchet strap around the axle and anchored somewhere under the body. Kinda sketchy but it worked

mhyjek

Established Member
Thanks Kelly,
Any suggestions about where under the body of the car to put jackstands?

Also big props to Kelly and BMR for helping me with a spring swap I needed to do. Also the only reason I didn't go BMR with LCA is I wanted double adjustable with both sides being poly. BMR and Kelly is the way to go great products and even better customer support and service!!!

BMR Tech

Thanks Kelly,
Any suggestions about where under the body of the car to put jackstands?

Also big props to Kelly and BMR for helping me with a spring swap I needed to do. Also the only reason I didn't go BMR with LCA is I wanted double adjustable with both sides being poly. BMR and Kelly is the way to go great products and even better customer support and service!!!

I would put them in the area of the pinch welds and front side of the LCA Mounting points. If you need assistance past that, shoot me a pic to my email and I will edit the pic to show you.

Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

mhyjek

Established Member
I would put them in the area of the pinch welds and front side of the LCA Mounting points. If you need assistance past that, shoot me a pic to my email and I will edit the pic to show you.

Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it.
I was surprised how easy it was to move the rear around when you have it as mentioned above.
Worked like a charm!
Thanks again Kelly!

Jabooh1

Established Member
Little late but I just lengthened one LCA till it fit then adjusted it attached so they were the same length. Very easy.

Users who are viewing this thread