Install a "Black Box" to see if tech abused my car?

djh0102

Established Member
I want to buy something for my car that keeps tabs on how my car is being driven when the tech has to "test drive" my car. Anybody know where I can get one?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I wouldn't be taking my car to a place I had to worry about like that.
BTW Great sig pic.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
My buddy had something like that on his ex-wife's car. After he took it off and hooked it to his computer it told him how long it had been on the road, showed him a map where it went, how long it stayed there and the speed and a host of other things. Thats how he caught his ex-wife cheating on him. He just placed it in the car and it logged the rest. He bought it off of some spy shop that is online not sure of where but they do make things like that.

SpectorV

Established Member
get a programmed tune that sets the RPM limit to something low and MPH limit as well, he wont be able to get on it then~

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Honestly, you might want to find another shop. If you are concerned enough to get a black box then it might be time to hunt for a new shop.

djh0102

Established Member
My buddy had something like that on his ex-wife's car. After he took it off and hooked it to his computer it told him how long it had been on the road, showed him a map where it went, how long it stayed there and the speed and a host of other things. Thats how he caught his ex-wife cheating on him. He just placed it in the car and it logged the rest. He bought it off of some spy shop that is online not sure of where but they do make things like that.

get a programmed tune that sets the RPM limit to something low and MPH limit as well, he wont be able to get on it then~

I want to do both of those. To: wvmysticrome, Wow, If my wife (i'm not married) was cheating on me and I knew where to find that guy he would be begging to die before long.

To: SpectorV Where do I get something like that? I wondered if something like that existed where you have to use a special key or something to set that way it could not be circumvented. But if it where and I had the other "spy box" I think I would have a lawsuit if they by passed my safties and beat on my car.

BTW, I am gonna be taking it to the Ford dealership across the street. I met a guy at the Knotts Ford car show. He told that once he dropped his car off for tires and suspension work. The next day he was gassing up his wifes car and he saw his car. The guy in his car raced a Vette and grinded at least one gear that he heard. Because he saw his car with his own eyes, the tech was fired and the dealership replaced his clutch and some other minor stuff to tighten up the stick. Also gave him a written agreement that if anything happen to his tranny for the next 10,000 miles, he'd get that replaced for free too. Happy ending for him but for me they would just shrug their shoulders and tell my how "tuff" SVT cars are. I wanna be able to hold their feet to the fire if something like that happens to me. This car means a lot to me and around here mexicans hate/resent white people. I can't request that only white people touch my car (I even hate the sound that).

projectslideway

Established Member
I want to do both of those. To: wvmysticrome, Wow, If my wife (i'm not married) was cheating on me and I knew where to find that guy he would be begging to die before long.

To: SpectorV Where do I get something like that? I wondered if something like that existed where you have to use a special key or something to set that way it could not be circumvented. But if it where and I had the other "spy box" I think I would have a lawsuit if they by passed my safties and beat on my car.

BTW, I am gonna be taking it to the Ford dealership across the street. I met a guy at the Knotts Ford car show. He told that once he dropped his car off for tires and suspension work. The next day he was gassing up his wifes car and he saw his car. The guy in his car raced a Vette and grinded at least one gear that he heard. Because he saw his car with his own eyes, the tech was fired and the dealership replaced his clutch and some other minor stuff to tighten up the stick. Also gave him a written agreement that if anything happen to his tranny for the next 10,000 miles, he'd get that replaced for free too. Happy ending for him but for me they would just shrug their shoulders and tell my how "tuff" SVT cars are. I wanna be able to hold their feet to the fire if something like that happens to me. This car means a lot to me and around here mexicans hate/resent white people. I can't request that only white people touch my car (I even hate the sound that).

Why blame the guy she is cheating with... IMO she is the worthless twunt:fm:

wvmystichrome

Established Member

Not in his case you would not. She was sleeping (supposedly) with the law master judge (divorce judge in WV) and his lawyer also. he did not get a break. Got a royal screwing.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
I know that the black box that tracks speed, location and stuff exists. Honestly, I wouldnt get the valet mode for when you take the car to a shop. In some cases(def not all), that will just prevent the mechanic from effectively diagnosing the prob. I would find a shop that you are comfortable with and make sure you log your mileage too.

Users who are viewing this thread