Input needed on External pump for 1000whp

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I have been going over and over on my return fuel setup for big power on e85 and I believe I have decided on a single external pump with a sumped tank. However, I am having trouble finding hard data on any specific pump that will hold the power. My car currently makes 915/940 mustang dyno on 21 psi, c16, and triple returnless. We are planning on 25-27 psi, and e85 so I need something to support at most, 1100whp. I see a lot on the Magnafuel 4303, but I have seen some people run out of fuel pressure at the 900hp range, and others make 1200+ with ease. Magnafuel did tell me I could run the 4303 with a boost a pump, so that is an option.

My car is a 9.5:1 4.6 with a single 78mm. I will be running 160lb injectors with a base of 40 psi.

Any input from those in that power range?

flyboy1294

Established Member
I am aiming for a bit over half the HP that you are so I am not near the same league, but I will put my 2 cents in anyway. I am using a Magnafuel 4301 and absolutely love the quality of the pump, filters, and customer service. I spoke with several techs from Magnafuel on the phone and they were very helpful and polite as well. I've also heard great things about their customer service and rebuilds on their pumps. I highly recommend going with that brand.

With that said, the ProTuner 4303 tends to max at about 800rwhp on e85. The -8an in and outlets really hold it back. From what I have read, Kurgan really likes the ProStar MP-4103 pump really high HP builds on e85. I think it should meet your needs nicely.

Hope that helps!

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I'm on a 4303 as well, they rate that pump for quiet a bit of power. Gotta make sure you've got the right setup as far as lines and fuel regulator to accommodate for the flow.

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
I have been going over and over on my return fuel setup for big power on e85 and I believe I have decided on a single external pump with a sumped tank. However, I am having trouble finding hard data on any specific pump that will hold the power. My car currently makes 915/940 mustang dyno on 21 psi, c16, and triple returnless. We are planning on 25-27 psi, and e85 so I need something to support at most, 1100whp. I see a lot on the Magnafuel 4303, but I have seen some people run out of fuel pressure at the 900hp range, and others make 1200+ with ease. Magnafuel did tell me I could run the 4303 with a boost a pump, so that is an option.

My car is a 9.5:1 4.6 with a single 78mm. I will be running 160lb injectors with a base of 40 psi.

Any input from those in that power range?

I'm running a 88mm turbo with 625. You need to get a 750 if you plan on making 1300fwhp. I'm only trying to make 1000fwhp maybe 900+ to the wheels. "Street car". It's all about restrictions in your system. Types of filters size of lines and base pressure. Or run a 625 and if it's not enough send it to Magnafuel for upgraded parts.

04cobrawhine

Established Member
I'm running a Weldon 2345 with their voltage controller so it's PWM. It will support any amount of power you can make. I personally don't think there's a better fuel pump on the market then Weldon.

Users who are viewing this thread