Input needed. Attention Turbo guys.

Usmc1371Pappas

Established Member
Alright so im considering doing an on3performance turbo kit on my mostly stock 89 GT, but i have a few questions. Any input would be greatly apreciated.

What all would i need that isnt included in the kit?
How long would it take to put together? considering 2 fairly knowledgable dudes workin on it (never done a turbo kit though).
What could i be looking at for total cost from start to finish? :shrug:

04cobra13

Established Member
Well you will need all the supporting mods like bigger fuel injectors,maf and a nice tune. A turbo kit should be a 1 day job, but like always the first time is always a pita if you never did it before. Just take your time and follow the directions. Id say your looking at about 3k for everything including the kit if its the 1500 dollar one,.. GL!

95gtpa

Established Member
Injectors
MAF/Blow through setup
Fuel Pump
Tune

Im pretty sure you could search the forum and find a post from someone else. There will probably be others that chime in

Usmc1371Pappas

Established Member
Is the maf and injectors absolutely needed? The reason I ask is ill be taking leave at the end of the month, and ill be able to work on my car when i get home, but i know i can afford the kit but it will be pushing it to buy the maf and injectors with it. And later on i can throw the maf and injectors in it.

Roll Race Rob

Established Member
the maf and injectors will be needed if you want to give it some gas. if you want to just put it on and not get on it, you'd be fine in the lower lower rpms...

Users who are viewing this thread