inperfection in paint

shesalady

Established Member
I currently have an inperfection in the paint on the hood of my car. I purchased my vehicle in 6/16 mineral grey I have taken it to the dealership on two seperate occasions. Ford says I have two options on the issue of my hood, paint or repair however they will not put in writing to guarantee the color match! They will say it but not back it up. Am I being unreasonable? Any advise is greatly accepted. Oh FYI the dealership:

World Ford Pensacola
Pensacola, FL.

:??:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I know ford has a certain warranty on their paint. And why wouldn't they guarantee it??? Hmm...makes ya wonder if they guarantee their work??? Whatst he difference....wheres Tommy?

shesalady

Established Member
exactly that is my point, they say it but won't back it up in writing so I have other avenues available, newspaper editorials refencing customer service, BBB, Ford direct etc. and I am moving forward. It is a matter of principal, what ya think!

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
The reason they can't gaurantee it will match is because it is a 3 stage paint. The top color coat is color tinted. Look under the hood of your car and notice the paint along the rails. It should look more like primer. It is the same with Laser Red and the new Red Fire. The hood could vary in color. They just want you to know up front. It is not a case of trying not to do the job, it is a case of saving from any one being more unhappy or further complaints.

What type of imperfection is it? I've had some specs in the paint of my cars in the past and on my current vehicle. My thinking has always been to leave the factory paint alone unless it's extreme.

shesalady

Established Member
no problem they are taking care of me I think I got someone's attention.

It pays to be persistant and not let everyone run over you

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
The reason they told you that is because paint will fade over time when exposed to sunlight. Most likely your hood will look fine repainted assuming you have a knowlegable person doing the work. I have never heard of a bodyshop that will gaurantee an exact match.

Razor.

Users who are viewing this thread