Inner Fender Splash Shields

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Removed my inner splash shields and they are crusty, faded, dry, a harness on the driver side has rubbed through the top portion (can't see it unless you look up with the car jacked up). Have you all reconditioned these at all? Painted them? Or just replace them? LMR has them in stock for cheap but reviews are hit or miss (a lot of them said they don't fit great). Thoughts?

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
You can still buy them from Ford. That's what I did when I was doing my suspension. The originals had done their job and looks and feel wise it was a needed replacement.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Yes get OEM only, the LMR reps are thinner and fitment sucks.

Looks like Tousley (or whatever their new name is) has the right side still, left is discontinued. If I remember right I had to get the left side off ebay years ago when I replaced mine.

Thanks for the link. I was only able find the right side as well. I’ll keep an eye for the left side. I have all winter.

shurur

Established Member
I had my driver's side wear through when I got my GW bushings and a decent alignment shop that understood that I had CC plates.

I cut out the worn battery bump on the liner and dilled/tie-wrapped-stitched in some antifreeze bottle plastic.

Someday I may spray it with that rubber spray crap, also Ocean F124 works great as a true patch fix.

The liners don't flex, so I don't see them cracking over time.

But I am just an old Farmer's son...

Last edited:

03' White Snake

Established Member
I bought some cheap ones from RockAuto. Because they are so cheap and thin, I like them. I cut and shaped them with a heat gun to fit better. Being wire tucked and shaved engine bay, I have a lot of wires and the fuse box in the fenders so it is hard to fit the OEM shields in there and not rub.

If your OEM one’s turned white, a propane torch quickly moving over the plastic will turn them black again. Don’t burn them, but you will see what I’m talking about if you do it.

Users who are viewing this thread