Inline Walbro 255 compatability?

drewkeen

SVT
Established Member
I have been reading mixed reviews on these, I want to know from those that have ran walbros externally in an inline configuration on E85 if they had trouble or have been running fine and for how long and how many miles. I am considering a triple walbro 255 setup to have the required capacity for my build. Thanks for the help!

Ironhand

Banned
Need info. Car, year, power etc..

I'm aiming for about 800 rwhp on e85 so I have to have about 1200hp worth of fuel. The only thing that would work was the Fore triple return hat with 3 GSS342s, -10 feed, -8 return, Fore F2 regulator and 105lb injectors.
Pumps are just a part of the fuel system and restrictions can hurt the flow of even the largest pumps. My .02 cents

Last edited:

drewkeen

SVT
Established Member
I have a 96 cobra that is getting the built engine and turbo system sitting in my shop in the next couple of months. I am aiming for around 800rwhp with a manual trans. I was going to run the 80lb SD injectors, a-8 or -10 feed line (-10 to pumps and still debating on size to rails) The fuel system is basically the last thing I am buying for my build and I wanted to figure out everything before I started to but fuel stuff. Also, I was planning on a -6 return, any reason this is not a good idea?

Ironhand

Banned
I have a 96 cobra that is getting the built engine and turbo system sitting in my shop in the next couple of months. I am aiming for around 800rwhp with a manual trans. I was going to run the 80lb SD injectors, a-8 or -10 feed line (-10 to pumps and still debating on size to rails) The fuel system is basically the last thing I am buying for my build and I wanted to figure out everything before I started to but fuel stuff. Also, I was planning on a -6 return, any reason this is not a good idea?

As far as the -6 return line is concerned. If you run the Fore hat then it come with a -8 return port already built in. You can run a -8 feed and return line as well.-10 to pumps is a good idea but I like overkill myself. And its easier for pumps to push fuel then pull it. There is the external pumps you could run. But is 2x 255s gonna be enough?? IMO it wont be or will be borderline and that's with a higher base pressure.

Also ive seen cars make 750rwhp on 80s but that was pretty much the limit. Given a turbo car you might be able to get away with the 80s. I'm using a top mount for 800+ so I need a waterhose for injectors practically.

Rails. Not sure if your using Fore rails or not but I know they accept -8 and is the most commonly used size feed lines that's are split at a y-block.

Last edited:

drewkeen

SVT
Established Member
Not sure if I am going to run a hat or a glenns sleeper tank. I was planning to run triple external (inline and parallel) walbro pumps. I just wanted to know how they are holding up to E85. You would want a lower base pressure if you don't have enough fuel pump and need to make them produce a little more fuel.

Can you get plug and play injectors larger than 80lb? From what I have read they should be sufficient on a turbo setup as the blower guys have to use a lot more fuel to make the same power due to inefficiencies of driving the blower.

Haven't picked out rails yet. There is plenty of reading on that and I imagine most are E85 compatible. E85 doesn't seem to be anywhere near as corrosive as methanol. (Or is it really even corrosive at all?)

GodStang

Established Member
80s on E85 Twin Screw limit return is around 850 and I would say around 950-1150 for turbo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread