Injector size??

owens42

Established Member
I have a 2003 ford lightning with a built motor from promar Ford 5.4 Lightning Performance Engines a 6lb lower pull and full bolt ons but I need bigger injectors but I dont know if 60lb injectors are to big or not big enough. Fuel rails are also a option but no clue where to find the injectors or rails on the internet.

Robert Francis

Established Member
Depends on how much power you're putting out. If all you have is a 6lb pulley and the usual "bolt-ons," the 42 lb injectors with a dyno-tune may be sufficient. And the stock fuel rails are sufficient.

owens42

Established Member
Yeah all it has is long tubes 6lb lower cold air big air maf and bassani cat back with the second motor on that page listed about and cams. Stock it has 30ish lb injectors right?? My s/c is pushing 14lbs and im wanting it to run 12's. I melted the stock motor I had in it because it was running to lean so to prevent that I was wanting it to run a little rich.

Dusten

Established Member
As said stock injectors are 42's are generally sufficient to about 450rwhp. There are 100's of trucks running 12's on stock injectors. mine was one of them

Users who are viewing this thread