Injector leak problem

CSVT5416

Established Member
Grabbed a set of 24lb injectors from the local pull-a-part while looking for a new lower intake. Put new O-rings on the tops of the injectors. And I keep smelling fuel. Also my MPG is terrible. What else could be wrong with these Injectors

bhiggs89

Established Member
Are you tuned for the larger injectors?

You should feel/hear them "snap" into place on both the fuel rail and into the lower intake.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bhiggs89

Established Member
To a degree it does, but it won't run nearly as well without a tune for them.

What other mods are done? Still on the stock motor?

CSVT5416

Established Member
2.5 with 3.0 valve covers. 24lb injectors. Shaved heads. Ram air intake (until I get a CAI) and a 2000 lower intake Mani.

bhiggs89

Established Member
So why would you want larger injectors? They don't add anything besides requiring a new tune.

Why different valve covers?

bhiggs89

Established Member
The stock injectors are more than plenty for anywhere near stock power levels. And since you have a stock power car there is no need. And as you have discovered it only leads to more problems without a proper tune for them.

CSVT5416

Established Member
Obviously your the guy who knows my interests. I'm confident In my decisions. There are plenty of cars that are running bigger injectors

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Cleaner look and they are less restrictive because of the design.
WTF do valve covers restrict?
The injectors allow me to not lean out in high RPMs.
I built a 3.0L with PnP'ed heads and ran the stock 19lbers with no issue...
The stock injectors are more than plenty for anywhere near stock power levels. And since you have a stock power car there is no need. And as you have discovered it only leads to more problems without a proper tune for them.

Absolutely.
Obviously your the guy who knows my interests. I'm confident In my decisions. There are plenty of cars that are running bigger injectors
....doesn't mean they need'em. See above.
I'm planning ahead for my other mods. If you must know.
Such as? Don't ask for help and then turn into a dick because people are trying help and potentially pointing out some flaws.....BTW, are you sure you pulled out the any left behind o-rings?

CSVT5416

Established Member
The insides of the stock 2.5 calve covers have somewhat of dividers which would be restrictive if your making hard turns. Then it's easier to spin a bearing. The 3.0 covers have no dividers. Meaning better flow. And I apologize for the rudeness. I haven't had the best of luck latley. I'll post picture of the covers if I have to. It's to clarify however. I asked for help. Not to argue over what I'm doing to my car.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member

Hahahahahaha. Then why are you posting on a forum asking questions because you obviously know everything

bhiggs89

Established Member

I know a little bit about these cars, and making more power. I've had a stock svt, built a turbo 2.5, built a turbo 3L, and have a bolt on 3L.

If your having a problem with the 24's and can't figure it out, then take them out and put the stock ones back in. Then if and when you decide to do whatever upgrades you are planning on, you can reinstall them along with a correct tune for the mods in your car.

Stock valve covers are not the cause of oil starvation on these cars, people who don't put enough oil in the cars are what causes failures

Zemedici

Established Member
Such as? Don't ask for help and then turn into a dick because people are trying help and potentially pointing out some flaws.....BTW, are you sure you pulled out the any left behind o-rings?

Bingo.

As stated above, there's no reason to run bigger injectors unless they are needed. Since you have no power mods, there's no reason to put them on.

If its not broke dont fix it.

The injectors are all seated correctly?

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The insides of the stock 2.5 calve covers have somewhat of dividers which would be restrictive if your making hard turns. Then it's easier to spin a bearing. The 3.0 covers have no dividers. Meaning better flow. And I apologize for the rudeness. I haven't had the best of luck latley. I'll post picture of the covers if I have to. It's to clarify however. I asked for help. Not to argue over what I'm doing to my car.
Ok, I can understand, but that isn't the cause for oil starvation unless someone found out something differently than when I had mine...I believe it was due to baffling (or lack there of) in the oil pan and not big enough oil drain backs.

Users who are viewing this thread