Injector Dynamics vs Bosch

by9468840

Established Member
I need bigger injectors. I was going to install a KB BAP for going smaller than 79mm pulley with my Roush TVS but VMP says, better upgrade injectors. Tbh I really dont want to cut thru the FP modulator wires and pray i wont blow a fuse during some high speed WOT run. Justin anyway says injectors are the first to go before fuel pump.

Now.. why are these ID injectors so damn expensive? ID725 are lik +$900 and Bosch are $500-600. I read so many times that Bosch is anyway the same injector ID sells. Is paying $ 400 to ID just for flow matching the Bosch injectors worth it?

There are so many performance shops that sell flow matched Bosch injectors online for close to half the price. Does anyone know any reputable ones?

D.T.R

Established Member
I need bigger injectors. I was going to install a KB BAP for going smaller than 79mm pulley with my Roush TVS but VMP says, better upgrade injectors. Tbh I really dont want to cut thru the FP modulator wires and pray i wont blow a fuse during some high speed WOT run. Justin anyway says injectors are the first to go before fuel pump.

Now.. why are these ID injectors so damn expensive? ID725 are lik +$900 and Bosch are $500-600. I read so many times that Bosch is anyway the same injector ID sells. Is paying $ 400 to ID just for flow matching the Bosch injectors worth it?

There are so many performance shops that sell flow matched Bosch injectors online for close to half the price. Does anyone know any reputable ones?

ID is a bosch-based injector but it's FAR from being the same thing.
If i were you, I'd get FIC (fuel injector clinic). Same injector as ID, just different brand. A little bit cheaper (but not as cheap as those others you're speaking of). Proven injector, just like the ID. Very popular on imports, people have went 7s using these. I bought myself a set of FIC1100cc which flow a lot more than ID1000s, yet cost less. FIC also makes an FIC900cc which flows the same (if not more) than ID1000cc.
My 800whp+ Honda runs on FIC2150cc, idles like stock.

Last edited:

Benchracer

Established Member
You need to talk to your tuner on what he likes. It can be very frustrating trying to tune a car with some injectors. Most tuners prefer Injector dynamics because of how well mannered they are at idle and cruise. FIC injectors are not the same as ID's although I agree that they are well mannered as well. Precision makes good injectors as well. The last thing you want is a frustrated tuner so make sure whatever injector you choose, ask him how he feels about them before making your final decision.

alex12gt

Established Member
I'm running ids and a bap and have no issues at all I don't think adding the bap is a huge thing simple install and its an easy job

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Here is my quick answer on the id's.

Most injectors are flow matched. ID actually starts out with Bosch Bodies.

The difference in the flow matching is companies flow match at a static rate for 15 seconds. Id flow matches through every range from low to static. They have a custom built bench that allows them to do this.

That also allows them to provide better data for injector tuning. Every set that they sell, comes with all the data you need to tune your application.

They will run batches of about 500 injectors at a time, through all ranges, and then the computer / custom bench will make sure they are flow matched throughout the entire range.

The other thing ID does, is do a "break in" on the injector. The injectors are not flow matched til after the body is completely broke in. That way you dont' have to worry about any changes once you have installed them.

Let me know on the id's, i'll get you setup

Beef
513-478-1965

D.T.R

Established Member
^ Power wise, no. You won't make any more power with those mods if you just upgrade injectors.

by9468840

Established Member
Any benefits at all of upgrading injectors on a tune, cai, cat delete car?

I think the biggest benefit is when going boosted.
Tuners can safely add as much fuel as necessary for high boost. It seems like stock pump handles up to 700-800rwhp. I feel safer with bigger injectors than bap'ing the fuel pump. That's why I started the thread. IDs make my mouth water but are likely to burn holes in my pocket.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Love my ID1ks. I went with them because my tuner prefers them and the awesome deal beef gave me on them. I would skip the 725s and get the 1ks. theyre about the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread