Injector choice for 03 cobra

Brad D

Established Member
I'd do the 1050X's if i started back over tbh. I'm on the FRPP 80lbs and while it WORKS, i'm about maxed out on my injectors on E85 and around 700whp. I could have used the extra headroom when I was getting tuned and would have made a bit more power considering where we left the timing.
Those are what I’ve decided to go with, after talking to my tuner seems like the 1050x get the head nod. I was going to go with fic 1000 but seems like everyone is able to make more power on the 1050x. Also I was told the id1050x have better material on internal body which would hold up better to the E85. Be ordering mine tomorrow. Does anybody know if you get to choose the color of your body or do they all come purple?

03' White Snake

Established Member
Those are what I’ve decided to go with, after talking to my tuner seems like the 1050x get the head nod. I was going to go with fic 1000 but seems like everyone is able to make more power on the 1050x. Also I was told the id1050x have better material on internal body which would hold up better to the E85. Be ordering mine tomorrow. Does anybody know if you get to choose the color of your body or do they all come purple?
Good choice.

I do not think you get to choose the hat color. I thought the color had to deal with the height. Mine are purple. What you are going to find out the hard way is, the injectors need to be turned/clocked a certain way to fit the connectors and not have them hit the heads. The rear 2 are a real PITA to get plugged in.

Brad D

Established Member
Good choice.

I do not think you get to choose the hat color. I thought the color had to deal with the height. Mine are purple. What you are going to find out the hard way is, the injectors need to be turned/clocked a certain way to fit the connectors and not have them hit the heads. The rear 2 are a real PITA to get plugged in.
Thank you for the tip. Its little tips and tricks that really help at least me in not getting too aggressive and breaking something. Much appreciated.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Thank you for the tip. Its little tips and tricks that really help at least me in not getting too aggressive and breaking something. Much appreciated.
I have all my connectors facing the front of the car except the rear drivers side, that one faces the rear.

CA06606E-3485-42A6-B108-95D9EEC8D7D7.jpeg

DB6B478A-1186-489A-86BE-E80EBA125DB7.jpeg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Good choice.

I forgot about that. The weird thing is my buddies 1050's sit different than mine. I think they changed how the hats made up the height between the two runs.

Albatross

Established Member
I’m running FIC 1440s. Whipple 2.9 @ 21 psi on E85. 700whp and plenty of room to grow.

I went with the 1440 because the 1200 requires an adapter to work. Very happy I did because I won’t need bigger injectors if I want more power.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Sorry for bringing back an old thread. What did you end up going with and are you happy with the results?

Has anyone tried the Holley Terminator X injectors? Very reasonably priced, but haven't been able to find any reviews on here about them.
Thanks

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry for bringing back an old thread. What did you end up going with and are you happy with the results?

Has anyone tried the Holley Terminator X injectors? Very reasonably priced, but haven't been able to find any reviews on here about them.
Thanks

the data for the ids and fic are the best imo for a great tune and drivability

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Thanks for the reply .... that is definitely good information to have. My car doesn't get driven around a lot..just a few times a week. I currently have triple walbro 255's/80 lbs ford performance injectors and I'm out of injector if I want to up the boost (more than 18lbs) on E.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Thanks for the reply .... that is definitely good information to have. My car doesn't get driven around a lot..just a few times a week. I currently have triple walbro 255's/80 lbs ford performance injectors and I'm out of injector if I want to up the boost (more than 18lbs) on E.
Go with the ID1050X's Chris. Let me know if you need any help or a retune.

Brad D

Established Member

Thanks

I ended up going with the 1050x injectors. unfortunately I can't speak on the performance yet still working out all the little bugs and I hit a roadblock. I'm going to give the car to my tuner hopefully he can figure it out. I will post more when i actually get the car running right.

Brad D

Established Member
let us know how you make out
I have it under another post what the problem was. The post is “p0148 fuel fouling spark plugs” all in all the problem was a cheap frps was only reading 25 lbs of fuel at all rpms. So it was dumping an additional 50% of fuel on top of my already 44 lbs. replaced with motorcraft sensor (I knew better trying to cheap out on a sensor) and he fixed my problem.

IllCobra

Established Member
Thanks a lot guys for the response, this is exactly what I was looking for, some real world experience. I don’t really want to go more than 800. I’m sure I’ll be breaking plenty of stuff even at the number. Now I just need to make my mind up on ID or FIC. Thanks again guys.
With a built motor, what are you most worried about breaking? Trans? Axles?

And I know I am too late to give my 2cents on injectors, but you can always try and look in the used market. I bought a set of id1300s that that cost me a little more than what a new set of id1050s go for. The guy I bought it from even had them cleaned and flow matched, he included the flow sheet. Just a thought.

Brad D

Established Member
With a built motor, what are you most worried about breaking? Trans? Axles?

And I know I am too late to give my 2cents on injectors, but you can always try and look in the used market. I bought a set of id1300s that that cost me a little more than what a new set of id1050s go for. The guy I bought it from even had them cleaned and flow matched, he included the flow sheet. Just a thought.
I’m most worried about axles, while I was building the the motor I put a 26 spline input shaft in. I was originally going to go with the id1300 but my tuner said for me to stay on the stock computer it would be best for 1050x, buy it used is a great idea man. All in all I’m just really excited to take this thing around the block. Painting it in my garage (fresh torch red). Once done it’s going back together and going around the block!!

IllCobra

Established Member
I’m most worried about axles, while I was building the the motor I put a 26 spline input shaft in. I was originally going to go with the id1300 but my tuner said for me to stay on the stock computer it would be best for 1050x, buy it used is a great idea man. All in all I’m just really excited to take this thing around the block. Painting it in my garage (fresh torch red). Once done it’s going back together and going around the block!!
Keep us posted for sure on the progress. It's always a little exciting seeing how these builds turn out, especially when it's dyno day lol

Users who are viewing this thread