Injected Built S550 Goes 5.28@133 in the Eighth First Time Out

Curt@injected

Finally had a chance to shake down an s550 build we have been working on in the eighth. Car did well for the first time out. We're still working out a few bugs but hope to have this thing making some 7 second passes soon.

16 Mustang GT
L&M Built Longblock with ported heads, locked out cams etc.
68/70's Precision Turbos
Custom Kit
Ignite 114
TH400
9 inch IRS
Factory Electronics

Including a little idle clip too because this thing sounds awesome.

Curt@injected

Very cool. Any reason you went with a TH400 over the 6R80 with a 4R200 hub?

A bunch of reasons. Reliability, consistency, etc. I know some guys have the 6r80 running this fast but it's never going to be as reliable or consistent as the th400 at these speeds and power levels. The customer wanted to be able to go to the track and enjoy the car not deal with issues so we felt this was the best way to deliver that. We were going high 8's before on the previous set up with the 6r80

Brutal Metal

Established Member
A bunch of reasons. Reliability, consistency, etc. I know some guys have the 6r80 running this fast but it's never going to be as reliable or consistent as the th400 at these speeds and power levels.
I agree the 6R80 is a great trans if you wanna run high 8's but with mucho HP the 400 is a no brainer. What converter is in it?

Curt@injected

That's in the 1400HP range, Nice job!

She made 1427 SAE on our dynojet when the 6r80 was still in it just before the swap. It wasn't done making power but we would like to keep this set up together for a while.

The kit and all of the work on this car are beautiful. I'll try to get some more pictures to post up here today.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice job Curt! Don't want to hijack this thread but what is the fastest Challenger "true street car" that you guys have running now?

Curt@injected

Nice job Curt! Don't want to hijack this thread but what is the fastest Challenger "true street car" that you guys have running now?

We built a 7.90 LX car a while back but I don't believe the customer is running it still. Haven't heard from him in a while. Fastest hellcat we've been involved in atm is an 8.60 car with stock trans, irs etc. It's got a lot left in it but the customer keeps blowing blowers off the car by leaving the nitrous on in the box or putting the wrong jets in etc. :confused:

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, I new you had to have something in the 8s by now. There is a guy down here in South GA that says he uses you on his hellcat and he runs pretty good.

Curt@injected

enjoyed watching this car at the half mile with the hellion kit on it! ran good

Yep it was running 193 ish before with the 6r80 and hellion kit. We were going to go 200 with the current kit and 6r80 but after watching Jeff's crash @ NOLA the customer just decided he was not interested in continuing half mile stuff.

BTW the hellion kit for the S550's is only good for like 1000-1100 whp not the 1400-1500 they advertise no matter what turbos you put on it. Anyone with experience with turbo cars can look at their kit and tell but a lot of unsuspecting customers bought that kit and found out otherwise.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
We built a 7.90 LX car a while back but I don't believe the customer is running it still. Haven't heard from him in a while. Fastest hellcat we've been involved in atm is an 8.60 car with stock trans, irs etc. It's got a lot left in it but the customer keeps blowing blowers off the car by leaving the nitrous on in the box or putting the wrong jets in etc. :confused:

Crazy to see that when one of the guys in our group has went through different shops, stupid amount of money and tuning on his Hellcat and it still hasn't gotten to run anything good yet. It was one of the first with the Whipple setups. Supposedly getting another new Whipple blower on it now too, I'm hoping everything works out because he's spent a shit pot load of money on it to not go fast lol. Should've went to y'all instead.

Users who are viewing this thread