Info on 2000 Cobra R #081 race car or #300

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That's the only thing you'll get out of me lol. Taking me back to days that I don't really care to remember.. I had a lot of fun, but don't care to remember the bad.

It was a older TPD trailer. Triple axle had all the cool decals and stuff on there..

If the OP is serious I can probably track down info o Paul Swanson through my Dad.

MIKED17

Established Member
cobra r race picture.jpg

This is a pic of my car in front of Swansons trailer and yes after looking at the log book it is Garland Self

MIKED17

Established Member
Update: Ok I was able to track down Selco Heating and Air in San Jose which is 30 minutes from me and guess who the owner is...yes its Garland Self so now I am going to try and call and see if he will talk to me at all about the car. 98 Saleen I hope he's not as bad as you say he was at least back in the day.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Update: Ok I was able to track down Selco Heating and Air in San Jose which is 30 minutes from me and guess who the owner is...yes its Garland Self so now I am going to try and call and see if he will talk to me at all about the car. 98 Saleen I hope he's not as bad as you say he was at least back in the day.
That was 15+yrs ago. I'm SURE he's a different person. I always give people the benefit of the doubt. If I were to see him again I would be nice and wait and see what happens. Go into it open minded. :)

THOOD

IF YOU'RE STILL LOOKING TRY FINDING BRUCE SWANSON THAT WAS HIS CAR . I WORKED @ SWANSON FROM 99-2005 WHEN THEY CLOSED. MOST OF THE WORK HE HAD DONE ON IT WAS THE TECHS IN THE SHOP AFTER HOURS I BELIEVE

TFStang

Established Member
Just curious….does your car still have all the decals, or did you have them removed?

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Just saying but I would not care as long as the racing history is fully documented with paperwork.

You can change the look, but you can never change the history.

Established Member
I don't know if I have any when I first got it. I'll have to look. Currently looks like most any 95R but it sits lower with the Kenny Brown stuff underneath. I will try to post a few pics tomorrow if I get a chance to look.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I don't know if I have any when I first got it. I'll have to look. Currently looks like most any 95R but it sits lower with the Kenny Brown stuff underneath. I will try to post a few pics tomorrow if I get a chance to look.

Does it have race history? What's the story on the car?

Tom

Established Member
Car was originally set up by Gemini Systems out of Az. M. McGinley had it upgraded by Kenny Brown and raced it from 2001-2003.
2003 he ran 11 races, 5 first place, 2 seconds, 3 thirds, and one fourth. Won SCCA ITE midwest regional championship for 2003. I'd say he was a darn good driver.
For private cobra R's, it has the most race wins that I know of.
I found the car on EBay after he upgraded cars. I just wanted a track toy and the price was right, so I wasnt so concerned with the history, but I'm glad its there.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Car was originally set up by Gemini Systems out of Az. M. McGinley had it upgraded by Kenny Brown and raced it from 2001-2003.
2003 he ran 11 races, 5 first place, 2 seconds, 3 thirds, and one fourth. Won SCCA ITE midwest regional championship for 2003. I'd say he was a darn good driver.
For private cobra R's, it has the most race wins that I know of.
I found the car on EBay after he upgraded cars. I just wanted a track toy and the price was right, so I wasnt so concerned with the history, but I'm glad its there.
Very cool history. What # is it?

Tom

MIKED17

Established Member
Just curious….does your car still have all the decals, or did you have them removed?
It does not have any of the Selco stickers, the number or the SCCA decals but all of the others are still on it if you look at the original post on the first page it shows what the car currently looks like

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I later owned the 1995 Stars and Stripes car and raced it in vintage.

EbEG411.jpg

Those were the days.

I guess old pictures are no longer allowed here?

Users who are viewing this thread