Inde Motorsports Night Time Racing 7-27-13

Jefe

Established Member
Got approval from the owners to hold a smaller invite only night time racing event down in Wilcox at Inde Motorsports. There are no lights on the track, corners will be marked though. Headlights/Taillights/Mufflers required, excessively loud cars will be removed from the track. This is the first time Inde has ever done anything like this, depending on how it goes it may be the last so don't miss it!

When: July 27, 2013 5-10PM
Where: Inde Motorsports 9301 W Airport Rd Willcox, AZ 85643
Price: PM me

Groups will be smaller than normal to allow spacing. Ambulance/EMT will be on site.

Post up if interested!

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Ugh. All of these happen when I'm going to be out of town. Regardless... Incoming PM. I may or may not be available for this.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I'm working that day or I would be in for sure, for anyone who hasn't been to that track it's a blast and well worth the price of admission.

Jefe

Established Member
PMs sent. Already a few cars on the list and it sounds like this is being limited to 15 cars so dont delay!

Jefe

Established Member
Talking to a guy with a Ferrari F430 Challenge Stradale. Sounds like he might be in

Dont forgot it doesnt get dark until 8 or 2-3 hours of dusk racing

Last edited:

TwoTone5oh

Established Member
Is it going to be open to spectators as well? I don't know if my car is ready for the track but i would definately like to come out to watch.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Count me in. Just talked to my parents and I am flying out the 28th. That leaves the 27th to the track!

Jefe

Established Member
Spectators will be limited. Ask Hunter in the email I gave you

Also someone asked him about making pulls on the straightaway. They dont want people doing that from a dig anymore as it tears the track up. Pulls are fine as you're running the track.

This isnt a normal racing event or a dig racing event. Just some groups of cars that want to get some lap time at dusk/dark

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Ya he wanted you to shoot him an email to get on the list

Jefe

Established Member
This event is happening. 10 spots filled(Z06s, new 5.0, Evo, M3, and some nicer cars). We are allowed to bring 24 so plenty of room left.

If it rains the track will work with us to credit our track time. We will be running the Main Configuration. Run groups are going to be in the 4-6 range and you will get 20min sessions once an hour.

Drivers meeting is at 4pm. We plan to arrive early and BBQ.

Jefe

Established Member
Bummed I didn't make it down, just got busy. Looks like it was a blast though. Stay on the track? Sounds like it rained before the event started?

[youtube_browser]B5cVSR4LCU4[/youtube_browser]

547674_10200335895459922_1063317044_n.jpg

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Yeah there was a bit of water on the track in some areas. Made for some interesting driving lol. I drove very conservatively for most part, last session pushed it harder, spun, got back on and drove harder. Was reeling in a '13 5.0 after the spin.

Had a GoPro in the car, can't see shit due to lack of light though. I'm going to see if I can brighten the video with anything. Buddy riding with me mounted his GoPro outside and on top of the car so if nothing else there is hopefully one good video of the last session.

Last edited:

phfelts

Established Member
Yeah there was a bit of water on the track in some areas. Made for some interesting driving lol. I drove very conservatively for most part, last session pushed it harder, spun, got back on and drove harder. Was reeling in a '13 5.0 after the spin.

Had a GoPro in the car, can't see shit due to lack of light though. I'm going to see if I can brighten the video with anything. Buddy riding with me mounted his GoPro outside and on top of the car so if nothing else there is hopefully one good video of the last session.

I take it you were in the 96-98 cobra? The black GT was mine, lol. I saw you coming back up on me, but those 20 minute sessions seemed to end too quick. Maybe next time I'll be a little more brave in those dark ass corners, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread