INCON twin turbo 5 liter Cobra

Rara

Established Member
TurboSnake,
for some reason, crosswinds is having problems and won't bring up your site.

Anyway, I have a 94 Cobra and I am seriously considering doing a custom twin turbo in the future, I would love to hook up w/ you sometime and take a look at your car and the setup.

Where in Detroit are you? I Live in Novi, and I work in Dearborn.

I am particularly interested in Incon's setup because I like the "hidden turbo" setup they use, rather than have them right in front of you when you open the hood like some others.
I would have considered just buying an Incon kit, but I want to do my own for a few reasons, 1. Incon says they don't make the 94-95 kit anymore, and even if they did, how long would it take to get one :) and 2. I am an engineer, and it would be a fun challenge to put together my own setup 3. a custom setup should end up being cheaper for me in the long run. though it will take substantially more time and effort.

It will be awhile before I get started on it though (the wife tells me I need to buy a house first :) though I keep telling her all we need is a garage :D) so I haven't done a whole lot of calculations etc. on sizing everything, but right now, I'm figuring on using a couple of garret t3's and an IC made of 2-3 DSM cores. If I have the cash though, I would really like to use a pair of aerodyne's aerocharger turbos, they will save a lot of trouble in the install. They don't need oil lines, or water lines, or even a wastegate. they have a variable vane setup in the exhaust housing, and the spool up twice as fast as a similar A/R turbo.

TurboSnake

Established Member
I live on the westside of Detroit,once I get the car dialed in you can check it out,I'm installing a set of 50# injectors and then it goes to the dyno.
You may be able to find a Incon sn95 kit at www.forcedinduction.com,there is also a Incon mailing list on Yahoo eGroups which has a lot of info.

Last edited:

Rara

Established Member
yeah, I check out forcedinduction.com occasionally, but the site seems really dead, its too bad.
I think I will be doing custom anyway, but I would like to "borrow" Incon's turbo placement though, I like the idea of having the turbos hidden.

Are you a part of the SE Michigan SVTOA chapter? It's not a bad group. A couple of friends of mine head up the region, and we have some great stuff that they set up for us, from open track days to an afternoon at Kart2Kart, etc.

TurboSnake

Established Member
True,FI.com is pretty bleak but sometimes a kit comes up for sale,but your best bet is to join the mailing list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incon
You can find Dave Inall there who happens to be the owner of Incon Systems,and there is a lot of good info there.
I am a member of SVTOA but I have never been to any of there functions,I really did not do much with the Cobra this year because I spent a lot of time on my motorcycle.

Users who are viewing this thread