INCON twin turbo 5 liter Cobra

SVT2224

Hey TurboSnake,
You are just the man I need to talk to. I have a 93 and was looking into a turbo system for it so mabe you can lead me in the right direction. What system did you go with and what other changes did you make, and would you go the same route if you were to do it again?

Thanks
Jason

------------------
93 Cobra blk\gray #2224

TurboSnake

Established Member
I went with the Incon system,and I would definitely do it again,this car is a blast to drive and I have yet to see any body's tail lights,but my tail lights are the topic of many Vette/Viper discussions.

Hit the link in my sig for a full mod list of my Cobra,if you follow my list you will have no trouble making my HP level with a Incon kit,by just bolting on a Incon you will see at least 430 rwhp/495 ft.lbs of torque at 8 PSI on pump gas.

------------------
The TurboSnake
533 RWHP
558 FT.LBS.

Caka

Established Member
TURBoSNAKE, what are you time slips like? I'm really intrested in you trap speed actually. Heard turbos pull harder up top. If you could please post them. Thanks!

TurboSnake

Established Member
When she was making rwhp in the low 400's she was running 117 mph,I have not ran it at the strip with the 533 rwhp combo yet.

------------------
The TurboSnake
533 RWHP
558 FT.LBS.
Technology is the substitute for cubic inches!

kwiksnake

Established Member
I am seriously considering the turbo route on my 99 Cobra. I hear they are developing a new turbo system that you can't even see when you look under the hood. I guess it is all under the engine? Anyone else heard about this. The Incon site is under development so there was no insight offered there.

------------------
99 Cobra #443, born March 27, 1999
Rio Red/Medium Parchment
Bassani X-pipe with cats, Borla Cat Back
BBK Twin 62mm Throttle body, ASP underdrive pulleys, K&N filter
Pro 5.0 Shifter, FMS 3.73's, Abbot Speed Compensator
"COBRA" Rear bumper(wrecked the other one),
Cobra Grill insert, Cobra Floor Mats

Moderator: 99+ Cobras
www.svtperformance.com

TurboSnake

Established Member
kwiksnake-Incon has been a long time coming with the 4.6 kits,they even got the LS1 kits to market sooner,heres the email address of the President of Incon Systems maybe he can give you some solid info,his name is Dave Inall.
[email protected]

------------------
The TurboSnake
533 RWHP
558 FT.LBS.
Technology is the substitute for cubic inches!

SVT2224

Bryan,

I finally came up with an 800tti for my 93' Cobra and I have a question concerning the Cobra ECM. I was told that it was not wise to use it in a boosted application and I was hoping to get your opnion on the subject.

Thanks

Jason

kwiksnake

Established Member
I have called everywhere and no one has any for my car. Do you know how annoying it is to finally have the money and now no one has any and no one knows when they will be out!!!

SNK BITN

Established Member
I hear you on that one kwiksnake, I'm waiting with cash in hand also. I kinda want a few cobras to run the TT kit before I get one though. I'm curious to see how the 4V holds up to the TT's. I'll probably use the money I have now to do a rebuild with forged internals. Oh well, guess I'll spray it till I blow it :D

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Sean Hyland has the incon TT kits that include the tubular K member. Yes the turbos go under the motor to an extent.

TurboSnake! How in the heck did you get the 11's out back?!?! I thought if you went larger than 10's you had to use side exhaust. In any case those steamrollers look awesome!

Mikie2001GT

The Ghost with the Most !
Established Member
TurboSnake,

GR8 is right those steamrollers are freakin awesome !
I have ten speed tires on mine 17X8 :sad

Please tell us all about what it takes to get that wheel under there cause I gotta have a set.
What kinda back spacing ?

Later :)

kwiksnake

Established Member
SHM says he has them but thats where I called and they said they have none now and have no idea when to expect them. Why advertise them if you don't actually have them?

Users who are viewing this thread