Incar Video of the SlotCar Firebird Chasing Cobra Rs at Dallas GP 1996

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
I thought you guys with actual track experience would enjoy this incar video from the SlotCar Firebird at Dallas Grand Prix IMSA Endurance Championship final practice 1996. Yes, I said PRACTICE... This Firebird chases the Barts Works Cobra R then it smacks the wall. A few turns later it literally runs over the Massari-Muller Cobra R. The Hacker Express Cobra R passes. Notice the driver of the MMR Cobra R give the Firebird the "what was that about?" gesture. I'm curious if the current owner of the SlotCar Cobra R would be willing to throw this guy the keys to the R for the next Cobra R race. If so, my R will be staying on the paddock...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6mjawuogL4"]YouTube - SlotCar Firebird at Dallas Grand Prix Final Practice 1996[/ame]

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
After the fireturd smacks the wall it sounds like you can hear the guy say " this is going to be a long day"... With a car that loose and a maniac driver, thats danger for everyone on the track LOL.

What got me was how he smacks both ends of the car on the wall then runs over the top of the 95R and never goes in the pits to check out his car.... I could understand if it were a race, but damn it was just a practice session.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
HEY! That's my car! The barts works car that is. I've never seen the back of the car in its original configuration. Thanks!

P.S. That was some err" less than steller" driving.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
you know. i am wondering what the mmr guy was thinking? this is practice. he had no need to stick his nose in there. the camera car was clearly a mess and the driver without a clue, but the mmr guy should have let that mess clean up before he went on. it was practice

Users who are viewing this thread