In the market for a 00R

SLOWBRA

Established Member
**No longer searching :)**

It’s finally time to get a 00R to sit alongside my 95R.

I’m looking for a low mileage (under 10K preferably) and fully documented (black binder, etc) 2000 R.

My preference is to find one that is all original and from an individual (not dealer). I will consider those that have some modifications so long as all original parts are included.

Message me if you have, or know of one, for sale that meets the above criteria please.

Last edited:

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Happy hunting!

You may want to park your impending 00R in a different garage so your 95 doesn’t get jealous! :D

You are going to love it!

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s finally time to get a 00R to sit alongside my 95R.

I’m looking for a low mileage (under 10K preferably) and fully documented (black binder, etc) 2000 R.

My preference is to find one that is all original and from an individual (not dealer)...

Nothing here except my opinion: There are few sellers of these cars. I figure maybe 150 cars are fully documented and most are really hard to find. :D

I am also on some of the major auction sites and have seen maybe one or two in the last few years. I'd say it is being at the right place at the right time.

I hope you find one.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Welcome to your quest to join us on the dark side! They are out there. Likely you will find one because of posts like this. Many of the best cars trade hands with out ever coming to the open market.

TFStang

Established Member
I’m sure someone will reach out to you. You just missed a good one another member on here just sold for a very reasonable price. Car didn’t have the black binder, but I believe it had everything else and it just had a new bladder and tires installed. I’m sure you will find something nice and when you do, you will wonder what took you so long to get one. They are that good :)

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the guy selling it on Ebay is dreaming at a starting bid at $46K:

Quote: Like New, only 2,467 miles. Number 239 of Only 300.

I am thinking that all of the 95R and 00R's are not yet a collector car with a great demand. It happens. They still get a much larger bid than any other car of the same year.

I love my 1995 Cobra R, but my wife will sell it one day. I'd never sell it.

It's one of the faster cars...:D

95R2017.jpg

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I think the guy selling it on Ebay is dreaming at a starting bid at $46K:

Quote: Like New, only 2,467 miles. Number 239 of Only 300.

I am thinking that all of the 95R and 00R's are not yet a collector car with a great demand. It happens. They still get a much larger bid than any other car of the same year.

I love my 1995 Cobra R, but my wife will sell it one day. I'd never sell it.

It's one of the faster cars...:D

View attachment 1520465

I’d say the seller is not dreaming whatsoever. I follow 00R prices. $46k for less than 5k miles is very reasonable. These cars are normally in the 50s for examples with just a hair less miles on them. I also wouldn’t say the 00R isn’t a collector car, not because it’s a double-negative, but rather there is quite the following of this iconic car. I get contacted periodically by people that are searching for one and want to know more about them. The 2000 Cobra R is hands-down my favorite Mustang of all time! It frigg’n ROCKS!

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I’d say the seller is not dreaming whatsoever. I follow 00R prices. $46k for less than 5k miles is very reasonable.

That seems reasonable to me. I'd say that it takes just a couple of auction sales to find a completed deal in front of a large audience. Every auction company has a database which results in public knowledge of a real world price.

I have an opinion that there are just no owners currently selling their cars. I get it. My car has been with me for 22+ years and just not FS.[/QUOTE]

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I’ve checked out a couple over the past few weeks, but haven’t found the right one to bring home yet.

Please PM me if you have one for sale or know of one.

ChrisH

Established Member
I’m sure someone will reach out to you. You just missed a good one another member on here just sold for a very reasonable price. Car didn’t have the black binder, but I believe it had everything else and it just had a new bladder and tires installed. I’m sure you will find something nice and when you do, you will wonder what took you so long to get one. They are that good :)

Yep, it’s a great one #233. It’s now enjoying a quiet life in AZ.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread