In San Antonio for work from July 8th until 12th. What is there to do?

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I'll be in the office from 8am - 430pm in San Antonio. Just looking to see what there is to do while I'm there. I fly in Sunday the 8th and fly out in the morning on the 13th.

Never been to Texas. I have a rental car to get around. My hotel is on Spectrum One and the office is on Fredericksburg Road.

Any suggestions on what to do that is a reasonable distance? I can't be out partying until 4 or 5 am, but I'd like to do some stuff while down there.

I'd like to see the Alamo and the hotel room where Roosevelt and the Rough Riders stayed.

Any suggestions on where to eat? Hotel has breakfast and office will have lunch, but dinner is up to me. I don't really like Mexican food, but I love steak, seafood, burgers, Italian and Chinese.

Thanks for any help you can give.

SoBlue4.6

Established Member
The Riverwalk area would probably be a good place for you to kill some time. Plenty of restaurants, shopping, galleries, bars. etc.

San Antonio Museum of Art is cool and Tower of the Americas too for a view of the whole city.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
For food especially around that area, I work in a HUGE building on Fredericksburg Rd, I know some good places. I feel we may be working for the same company to boot.

Mama Margies is good for late night food
Broadway 50/50 is good food and has a wide tap selection
Rome's Pizza is the best pizza in San Antonio

I'm off the whole week other than having to stop by the office from 4-5, shoot me an IM if you want to get together for a beer.

Users who are viewing this thread