IMRC to Head Gasket Help

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Good evening,

I have been searching everywhere for these gaskets for my 96 Cobra from IMRC to head (aluminum IMRC). Every auction on ebay doesn't have them in stock. Mike R from Tousley cannot get them anymore (discontinued). Felpro is out of stock and the other one that Autozone has (starts with a V) are out of stock also. Any ideas? Last thing I am waiting on for this mystic build! The old ones aren't pretty and I don't want to risk it.

Alex:beer:

chris 96cobra

Established Member
I work at a ford dealership i can get them 10% over dealer cost. the gasket between irmc plates and heads? i got all my gaskets from work

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Had the same issue when doing the IMRC deletes. Found the gaskets at Rockauto, made by a company called Victor Reinz - part #MS16272.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Had the same issue when doing the IMRC deletes. Found the gaskets at Rockauto, made by a company called Victor Reinz - part #MS16272.

Thanks for the lead. Ill take a look.

Edit: not finding that P/N on Rockauto. I am finding a NJ ENGINE COMPONENTS Part # IG4171A. Insight?

Last edited:

uberstang1

Fobra
Established Member
Victor reinz and felpro are the only two manufacturers that still make these, they have both been on backorder since december. Your best bet is to hunt someone online that still have some in stock.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
thanks for the help Chris, I have a 3 leads thanks to this thread.

MMR, na svt, and DNJ from Rock auto (only have 6 left and that is it).

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
thanks for the help Chris, I have a 3 leads thanks to this thread.

MMR, na svt, and DNJ from Rock auto (only have 6 left and that is it).

No problem, I ran into the same issue over the winter. I may even buy a few extra just in case they stop manufacturing them. :beer:

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
DNJ (Domestic and Japanese) IG4171A gaskets came on saturday and they fit perfect and was 28 bucks to the door from Rock Auto. Only 2 left in stock now!

Oh and started with no vacuum leaks! :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread