Imrc cleaning

boost88

Established Member
Took my intake manifold off today. I must say for 28k miles these intake valves are disgusting. These aren't even the worst ones. Going to go though and clean the valves, plates and intake. Did have some oil in the intake so a catch can is also in order once I get the car back together.

I need to do VC gaskets also is it any easier to remove the driver side cover with the intake off? Or am I still gonna have to mess with with brake booster and clutch cable

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

boost88

Established Member
Picture didn't make it the first time
8981258e67d5eb70d9114c51bab3160b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

boost88

Established Member
Got both covers off. Time for sandblasting and paint. Had a massive scare when I dropped one of those 5mm clutch cable bolts in the engine... luckily I got it. Also I found there to be a small rubber piece in the oil journal near the back cylinder. I'm pretty certain it was there because it's nothing from the valve cover

Sent from my SM-G988U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Tillerman77

Established Member
Got both covers off. Time for sandblasting and paint. Had a massive scare when I dropped one of those 5mm clutch cable bolts in the engine... luckily I got it. Also I found there to be a small rubber piece in the oil journal near the back cylinder. I'm pretty certain it was there because it's nothing from the valve cover

Sent from my SM-G988U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Good progress. If you have any tips and/or observations for folks who may do this work in the future, please add them to this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread