Impressions on Karls East Coast Speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrh99

Established Member
Have you ever walked into a business in a great mood and left pissed off; wondering to yourself how they even stay in business?
If not... and you'd like to, head on down to Karls East Coast Speed in Warwick, RI.
This isn't the first time they rubbed me the wrong way either. You'd think I would have learned my lesson the first time.

Here's the scenario. I picked up a 6lb. Metco Lower Pulley setup and I want to put it on tomorrow morning. So after I got done w/ work I called Metco to find out what size they recommended for my setup (6lb lower, 3.5 alt, and stock upper) They suggested either a 79 or a 79.7
So I head on down to Auto Zone and it's a no go. I head on over to Napa and their Gates book doesn't even show that size???

Now, I could have just gone home and called around a little but Karls happens to be right across the street, so I shoot over to see if he had any belts. Not to mention, I saw an 03 Cobra on the dyno. I walk up and the car's not even running Karl Jr. looks over at me and doesn't even say Hi. OK, I'm thinking maybe he's busy (you know concentrating). I wait about 30-45 seconds and realize that he's not concentrating; he just has the personality of a rock. It all came back to me why I stopped going there.
So I walk a little closer and ask him about a belt for my setup and he didn't have anything that would fit... no big deal.
My problem is with the lousy customer service. I even tried to strike up a conversation about the 03 they were dynoing but he wasn't having it. The damn thing had a KB on it; I could have talked for a while, shit, if he got me pumped up enough I might have thought about having him tune my car some day.

But instead I felt like I wasn't wanted there, what is my money not green??? Jeez, he didn't even say he could order me a belt if I wanted. All I got was 'nope we don't have those'.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting. I just want people to be aware if you're considering these guys, I'd think again. They're no where near enthusiastic enough for me to deal with. I need someone who actually enjoys working on cars and shows it!

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
better convo talking to a wall
they worked on a guys car that i used to pal around with
93 gt rag top put in a vortech and a bunch of other stuff
i didnt like how anything was done on the car was just way to messy i.e. no wire loom on any of the new stuff just all wires hanging anywhere
not to mention they hooked his e-fan back up bakwards so it was pushing through the radiatior. car over heated on him on the way home from picking it up and i had to go up and fix it! they told him nothing they could do about it
not bad heat up a coustmers ford motor up to 230 with alu heads and then tell him he is on his own
nothing like a little quality control

jrh99

Established Member
LOL. I can't say I'm suprised! They also told me that they only deal with Dayco Belts and everyone I've talked to says Dayco Belts suck.

Last edited:

svtmustang04

Established Member
LOL. They are not ones for a convo. Iv'e had some work done there and so far its been pretty good. Have you done any buisness with Ocean State Performance? I have a friend who knows them says they do good work. They are moving down to lakewood, near me, so I might check them out for any more future work.

jrh99

Established Member
I've never heard of Ocean State. Where are they?

I try to do just about everything myself now. But what I can't do I bring to Dez Racing.

svtmustang04

Established Member
They are not there yet but soon they will be moving to a brand new building in Lakewood. Near Shaw's supermarket across the street from Joes towing.

svtmustang04

Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
wernt they over by the wendys on post rd???
i live right down the street from shaws

yes, but they are moving. Are you the Red lightning or Blue lightning that frequently pass by my house?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by svtmustang04
yes, but they are moving. Are you the Red lightning or Blue lightning that frequently pass by my house?
i got the red one
where abouts do you live???

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Re: LMFAO!

Originally posted by Leforrest
LOL!
This state is too small, especially when someone recognizes your garage from your avitar!

Skip
haha yeha he lives like 500 feet from me i drive by everyday

V8 SuperCoupe

Established Member
Do you guys live around Apponaug?
Nice to see some local guys. I go to a bunch of different forums, and all combined I only bump into a handful of locals......there's really no one to hang with, unless you go here:

www.RISR.net

As you can imagine, domestic guys don't really fit in too well.

How's that Lightning of yours? Is it modded at all?

Skip

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
i live on post rd down near pawtuxet village

yeah the truck is modded just a little
pulley
chip
tb
e-fan

RossSVT

Established Member
Seen him at many crusie nights. The personality of a rock!

jrh99

Established Member
I saw the Red Cobra they were putting the KB on (they might have just been tuning it), outside the other day. It's a KR-500.

Last edited:

RL1

Established Member
I wouldn't let them tune my lawn mover.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread