Impressions of Clearcoat vs Zaino

blowngt

Established Member
Well, I've been using Zaino for a few years now, but decided to give the Clearcoat/Poorboys products a try.

Easiest to apply - Clearcoat/Poorboys
The SSR2.5, glaze and wax were very easy to apply, with or without the porter cable. The porter cable (IMO) is a required tool when using the SSR product. I don't think you can get the same results by hand. I like the fact that the Moose wax doesn't need a lot of time to dry. The final product was as good what I am used to with the Zaino.

Durability - ????
I'm no chemist, but I would imagine that Zaino would probably last alittle longer due to the fact that it requires some time to dry before removing (this is a completly unfounded, unproven theory). Others have stated that Zaino is tuff to beat durability wise.

For swirl removal, the Zaino product cannot compair to the SSR line. But for the ultimate in swirl mark removal, I have yet to find anything that works better than the 3M polish for dark colored cars and a rotery buffer. Although very dangerous in the hands of someone without expierence, I have found no better results. Under flourecent lighting, all visible marks are gone. By contrast, the SSR did a very good job, better than average, but not as good as the 3M product.

Conclusion:
For the person looking to get a good final product, with little effort, the Clearcoat/Poorboys is hard to beat. Good value for you money. I'm switching over from Zaino!!!!

BLK_03

Established Member
blowngt said:
Conclusion:
For the person looking to get a good final product, with little effort, the Clearcoat/Poorboys is hard to beat. Good value for you money. I'm switching over from Zaino!!!!

I switched a while back... The clearkote products are awesome...are cheaper...and are MUCH easier to apply/remove while yielding similar, if not better results.

Scott P

Established Member
blowngt said:
Well, I've been using Zaino for a few years now, but decided to give the Clearcoat/Poorboys products a try.

Durability - ????
I'm no chemist, but I would imagine that Zaino would probably last alittle longer due to the fact that it requires some time to dry before removing (this is a completly unfounded, unproven theory). Others have stated that Zaino is tuff to beat durability wise.

You can't beat Zaino durability. That just isn't going to happen. However, I tend to think the durability gets a bit overrated. Zaino lasts 6 months, but most people re-appply it monthly or more. I know I did. :)

I'm glad the products are working out so well for you.

blowngt

Established Member
Scott P said:
You can't beat Zaino durability. That just isn't going to happen. However, I tend to think the durability gets a bit overrated. Zaino lasts 6 months, but most people re-appply it monthly or more. I know I did. :)

I'm glad the products are working out so well for you.

Glad you replied here....

I know that the SSR comes in 3 different grades. I have the 2.5 because that's the one everyone was talking about. Does the next finer grade of polish leave a better finish??? I notice a small amount of haze when I used the 2.5, even after applying the glaze??

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
blowngt said:
Conclusion:
:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread