Impossibe to Sell?

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I'm pretty shocked at the lack of interest when it comes to selling my car.

Little quick run down:

2014 GT
Paxton
Converter
Tires
E85
Misc odds and ends.
47k miles, 7k with boost

Zero issues, runs 10.40s in the heat, daily drivable as hell.

It's been posted for about a month now and I haven't even had a single person come look at the thing.

I posted it high thinking I'd get a low ball offer in the area I want.

Low 10 second car that is EASILY daily drivable and comfortable at that for under $30,000 :bored:

ae0f2dd5e0cbdd4e79870a5c0b81e6d3.jpg

Last edited:

Sizeth3

Established Member
That is a good deal someone should snatch that up, I think you would have better luck taking the blower off and selling it separate from the car and asking a little less for the car. Probably would make more $$$.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
That is a good deal someone should snatch that up, I think you would have better luck taking the blower off and selling it separate from the car and asking a little less for the car. Probably would make more $$$.

I'm too lazy for all that... I'd rather just keep the car or sell it as is.. :D

JTS_7

Established Member
Mine has 18k miles 4kish twin turbo with a bunch of other mods about $14k in total. Nothing.

I've had so many tire kickers. People who don't have funds, can't get financed, haven't been at job long enough, changed their mind want to spend less. I've also received $20k offers, a 2002gt plus 5k cash LOL. I even had a guy who wanted me to remove some very minor cheap stuff and bring his own wheels to which I lowered it to $26k lmao even he backed out. The car KBBs for just under that for TRADE IN

I have a couple people now who seem pretty serious though, took a couple months.

Good luck. Another option for you might be to put it back to stock and trade it in or sell t to Carmax and sell your parts. That most likely would get you where you want to be. Unfortunately it's not that easy for me.

Just noticed I follow you on IG. Lol

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
How much boost and how much rwhp are you making? Maybe people feel like you've been pushing the car hard + 47k is really high for a 2yr old car. Not trying to say your price sounds high, just trying to throw some things out.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
How much boost and how much rwhp are you making? Maybe people feel like you've been pushing the car hard + 47k is really high for a 2yr old car. Not trying to say your price sounds high, just trying to throw some things out.

I bought it on 4/20/2013, so it's a little over 2 years old. It was a daily up until this March.

I guess the miles are "high" but people act like 47k is high mileage when it's not.

8psi (stock Paxton pulley), on e85, probably 650hp or so.... 610 on 93 pump tune.

It's been pushed at this power level for 7,000 miles now and zero issues.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Pricing it too high can have that effect.. There seems to be a fine line between "high but ill send an offer" and "this guy is way overpriced i'm not going to waste my time". Let's just be honest, you're hoping to hook someone willing to pay the initial asking price, we've all done it. Price it near what you want and put "firm" if you have to. To get a serious buyer you need to be a serious seller. Good luck!

q6543

Established Member
List on ebay for a week. That final bid is what it's worth to someone.

and the reason people de mod and part out is because the mods don't really add value.

with that many miles you should be able to get 20- maybe 22k out of it. With or without the blower.

Last edited:

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I;m just throwing you a point of view here, so please don't take this wrong

1) You have a drag race tire setup. That will turn many folks off as they'll assume it's been rode hard
2) You are running E85 (I can't speak on the 14, but on my 13 the gas door say NO E85. E85 is still not well known, but people generally know not to run it when the car says no
3) 47k is a LOT of miles in 2 years. 30k would be considered average. Add that to the drag race look and, well you can do the math
4) People lie. Thus they assume everyone is lying. I have a garage full of stock parts I took off at 34k miles. Whose to say when I sell them I don't say they came off at 14k miles. Point being, they may not believe you only have 7k miles on the boost setup. It's just peoples nature
5) It's an auto. The M6 cars only make up like 18% of production if I recall correctly. I worked for Ford briefly years ago in sales. The Mustang is marketed at females 18-40 in the V6, Automatic and Convertible trims. The V8 stick is at males 18-35. So 80+% are not aimed at what you have.

Your price isn't that bad for a stock 14 GT with about 20k miles. While you, me and the gearhead type understand the cash you put in, the average douchebag looking to impress the chicks at the bar doesn't. He see's supercharged mustang......the rest means nothing to him. He then assumes it's no different than a 2014 GT and the blower isn't worth anything extra. Again, that's just how people are. Around here, the 2013's with 30k miles as a GT premium are still going for 25K+. The 14's are 28k+ Where did you list it? And eBay is a great place to get exposure, a horrible place to sell anything. expect to lose 15% of average private party prices on ebay, at least.

Again, I'm not knocking it. I'm just pointing out the market and people.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Unless you have something special like a C6Z that is modded or a GT500 it is extremely hard to sell a modded car.

mystickb1996

Established Member
High miles and high price op. Car looks great but as we know gt's are common. I agree with blazer... Honestly with the setup I'd be asking 25-26k max. Good luck man

vergil

Established Member
I;m just throwing you a point of view here, so please don't take this wrong

1) You have a drag race tire setup. That will turn many folks off as they'll assume it's been rode hard
2) You are running E85 (I can't speak on the 14, but on my 13 the gas door say NO E85. E85 is still not well known, but people generally know not to run it when the car says no
3) 47k is a LOT of miles in 2 years. 30k would be considered average. Add that to the drag race look and, well you can do the math
4) People lie. Thus they assume everyone is lying. I have a garage full of stock parts I took off at 34k miles. Whose to say when I sell them I don't say they came off at 14k miles. Point being, they may not believe you only have 7k miles on the boost setup. It's just peoples nature
5) It's an auto. The M6 cars only make up like 18% of production if I recall correctly. I worked for Ford briefly years ago in sales. The Mustang is marketed at females 18-40 in the V6, Automatic and Convertible trims. The V8 stick is at males 18-35. So 80+% are not aimed at what you have.

Your price isn't that bad for a stock 14 GT with about 20k miles. While you, me and the gearhead type understand the cash you put in, the average douchebag looking to impress the chicks at the bar doesn't. He see's supercharged mustang......the rest means nothing to him. He then assumes it's no different than a 2014 GT and the blower isn't worth anything extra. Again, that's just how people are. Around here, the 2013's with 30k miles as a GT premium are still going for 25K+. The 14's are 28k+ Where did you list it? And eBay is a great place to get exposure, a horrible place to sell anything. expect to lose 15% of average private party prices on ebay, at least.

Again, I'm not knocking it. I'm just pointing out the market and people.

this.

imeyers302

Established Member
I'm too lazy for all that... I'd rather just keep the car or sell it as is.. :D

Just my $.02 but I would never touch the car if looking for one used. It's an almost 50k mile car with a blower, drag tires, etc.. I would much rather buy a bone stock one with warranty or a light bolt on car. Spending near 30k for a car that I have no idea how much longer the motor will last is a big turn off. Would rather get a low mileage gt for low to mid 20's and do the blower myself if going that route. Very few people will spend top dollar for a heavily modded car. My neighbor has a 1992 corvette with engine mods and a greenwood appearance package. He has been trying to sell the car for two years now. Other neighbor had a bone stock 1992 vette that sold in one weekend.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
With oil near 40 a barrel half of Houston wont be buying toys like this. If you really want to sell it put it back to stock.

Turboba6

Established Member
Lower it to $29,900 and I'll Bet it goes....I know it's only $100.00, but folks see it as a Bigger difference....$30,000 vs. 20 something....Either Way NICE Ride...if I had the money laying around I'd Buy it...!!

4VFTW

Established Member
the mileage is the biggest problem honestly. If I were in the market for a used Mustang I would be a fool not to look at one as tastefully modded at yours. and lets be honest from a modding standpoint there are very few unique snowflakes in the 2011+ mustang community...everyone travels the same path basically. So if the parts are quality and the car is clean its nonsense to think the car is one more pedal down from the motor letting go.

But why should I buy your car when there will be 5 more like it listed this month with 20k less miles?

Bgoins

Established Member
Where is it listed? Autotrader is fun to look at but I've never sold a car there. Craigslist is free and pretty effective. I would list it on some of the forums like Corral.net and others. That's where racers look for race cars which is what u have. It may be able to be driven daily but I'm guessing someone is going to buy that as a second car. It's basically set up for drag racing. I'd convert it back to 93 octane, list it a few other places, drop the price a couple grand, put some street wheels/tires on it and it should be gone quickly.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I have a 93 tune for it. No "converting" needed. Listed on all the fb groups, Craigslist. Was going to auto trader it but seemed like a waste of money. Not many people use it anymore.

Bgoins

Established Member
http://www.corral.net
Check out the classified section of this forum if you haven't already. A fair amount of modded Mustangs change hands here. At the least its worth seeing what Mustangs with similar mods are selling for.

Users who are viewing this thread