I'm thinking about selling my 1995 R-Model memorabilia, toys, R/C cars, shirts, hats, magazines etc.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Maybe Shawn won't need the rad. caps. I have an auto parts store cap on my "R". Please check with him. Thanks.

Robert will be contacting you. I don't need the radiator cap. Since I have a lot of the toys it makes more sense to allow others to buy the items while I focus on what I truly want.

davej

Established Member
I would like the serpentine belt and radiator cap what is the price for those?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Rob,

Since I actually OWN the Snipes R, I would like the R cap. I remember when you outbid me on ebay for that cap.

Tim,

Can you pass on that hat and give me first dibs?

Tom

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
It's on the second page with no prices and no pictures.

Robert,
You need to do better than this.

Doc - Sorry, it has been busy, the kids (12 and 16) have us running all over, and much of this 95R stuff (actually all of my R stuff) has been packed away and not easy to access.

Here is the F5Z serpentine belt. I also found a new Gates replacement that I bought after finding the Gates part number listed in the 95R Dearborn Assembly Documents. So both belts go together as a package deal.

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

As for prices?? I don't know, I am trying to gauge interest. Some of this stuff I paid dearly for 12-15 years ago and much of it will be very hard to find if someone wants it now or in the future. To me, the only way to gauge general market interest is eBay??

Gene had expressed interest in the two caps quite a while back (I think) when I mentioned I had them, well before this thread was started, but back then I was not interested in selling them.......

Here are the caps, I paid over $100 for them way back in the 2005/06 time period............I have no idea what they are worth now, am I buried in them? I don't know where a person would find them now?

Picture953-1.jpg

Picture954.jpg

Here is the comparison photo, riveted plate is original 1995 Cobra R, sticker decal is 2000 Cobra R...........and of course the crossed flag plate radiator cap is nowhere to be found that I know of.

Picture953-2.jpg

I found an original 1995 Cobra R Owners Manual Supplement in all of this stuff......what is it's value? I'm sure many of these cars don't have this item in their glove box, they were missing many times, especially if the car had multiple owners.......

Picture955.jpg

Picture956.jpg

Of course after holding this stuff for 15 years, I would like to make a little money for the time that I held on to these parts and all of it is quality stuff, but I have no idea what the value is on much of this stuff? I have some items I want to buy for my Super Snake so of course nothing is cheap for that car and I need to gather as much $$$ as I can for those parts..........

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Doc - In addition to the BFG 95R banner and poster shown at the top of this thread, I also found an original BFG tire brochure featuring the 1995 Cobra R and the original 2 page BFG announcement that they are providing the Comp T/A for the 1995 Cobra R and the magazine center fold also shown in the picture below...........all of this stuff is for an "anal" (for lack of a better description) 95R owner who is interesting in gathering as much info. as possible for those cars.

002.jpg

Much of it would be very hard to find.............What is the value of all of the 1995 Cobra R BFG information, the banner, poster, tire brochure, 2-page media announcement and magazine center fold? It is Very Cool/unique stuff to display and is specific to the 1995 Cobra R......I have seen the banners on eBay asking $300 in the past, what is this BFG stuff worth as a lot?

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I see a N.O.S. 2000 Cobra R serpentine belt currently on eBay for $500+, I have a slightly used correct original for a 2KR, is it worth $300? and then this used correct original F5Z Motorcraft serp. belt for the 95R, is it in this price range? <<That is what I don't know?

R

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
As for prices?? I don't know, I am trying to gauge interest. Some of this stuff I paid dearly for 12-15 years ago and much of it will be very hard to find if someone wants it now or in the future.

Robert,
You cashed out perfectly on your 93R at the height of the market. As I recall, you were up $100K on your R collection? :D

I sold some old 1965 Mustang parts along with my race car. I lost maybe $50K +?

IMO, I'd price them at cost. ;)

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I'm always interested in R things, and we traded PM's, but things went quiet. These last posts, I dont have any idea what you might be selling?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I'm always interested in R things, and we traded PM's, but things went quiet. These last posts, I dont have any idea what you might be selling?

Yes, and I am sorry it went quiet, the reason for the silence is that I don't know what $$$ to ask for what?

Doc says sell at cost, that is great on bigger ticket items, it is easy to remember what a person pays for something like that, but with so many items that I purchased during my Cobra R owning/buying time, many of which I over bid, just to win the rare item, I don't remember what I paid for these items individually, and who realistically wants to buy something of value, hold on to it for a number of years, and then sell it for a loss? <<That seems foolish, but I know, it happens.

As with anything of value that we sell, be it a house, a vehicle, a rifle, pistol, etc. usually we check to see what the current value of the item is before pricing, unfortunately, there is no Blue Book or appraisal guide for Cobra R stuff.

Of course I would like to move large lots of items rather than bits and pieces, but I first am going to have to figure out pricing, I didn't realize it was going to be so difficult to price.

I am still contemplating eBay as my "appraisal guide"? and then link the auctions and let the person(s) who are interested in specific items from this array of 95R stuff bid what they feel comfortable bidding? If items don't sell, then I will know what a value is and adjust accordingly, taking into account the 10% eBay seller fee, the 3.5%-4% PayPal fee plus shipping.......<<That all adds up at the sellers end.

Robert

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
>>Update on what is SOLD<<

Everything in the two pictures below has been sold in a bundle except the 1995 Cobra R Owners Manual Addendum shown in the first picture to the left of the BFG tire brochure.......The paperwork on the right a copy of the 100+ page 1995 Cobra R Dearborn Assy. Line Documents and the 5 page 95R Unique Parts List.

001.jpg

010.jpg

^^^I hadn't mentioned the two original Motorcraft battery cores from the 93R and 95R era in this thread, some of you knew I had them and this buyer wanted them in a bundle price with the items in the first picture, so they are gone, along with the N.O.S. battery terminal covers.

R

Last edited:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
>>Update on what is SOLD<<

Everything in the two pictures below has been sold in a bundle except the 1995 Cobra R Owners Manual Addendum shown in the first picture to the left of the BFG tire brochure.......The paperwork on the right a copy of the 100+ page 1995 Cobra R Dearborn Assy. Line Documents and the 5 page 95R Unique Parts List.

View attachment 1444749
View attachment 1444750

^^^I hadn't mentioned the two original Motorcraft battery cores from the 93R and 95R era in this thread, some of you knew I had them and this buyer wanted them in a bundle price with the items in the first picture, so they are gone, along with the N.O.S. battery terminal covers.

R
Robert,
Are you saying the rad caps are gone in the bundle you sold?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert,
Are you saying the rad caps are gone in the bundle you sold?

Yes, I had a person waiting behind Shawn to work on a bundle deal, I had sold this person parts in the past after I sold my R's. Once Shawn passed on a bundle, this person and I have been working off and on over the past few weeks to reach an agreement, and we did today for everything shown in the two pictures above except the 95R Addendum, which I may hang on to.......

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
What's left?

All of the 95R R/C cars, the 95R models, 95R toys. The BFG stuff, my 1995 Cobra R magazine collection (approx. 60 magazines, all unique issues)............maybe a few other stray pieces that I may come across as I dig through this stuff. I have many 1995 Cobra R related posters that I have not even gotten to, to verify exactly what I have.

As for clothing - An original/official 1995 Cobra R polo in XL (I may have 2) with the official checkerboard bill baseball cap. I also have a very cool t-shirt in my Cobra R apparel collection, that includes a 1995 Cobra R on the front.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I am obviously stupid in the current market of original parts.

I don't know the market either, since most of this stuff never comes up for sale and rarely will in the future.

In the sale agreement, I pay for shipping of the items displayed on the table and the buyer pays for the shipment of the two battery cores which were drained, flushed and dried out 10-15 years ago and then stored to keep them in nice condition.

The items in post #32 (minus the 95R Owners Manual Addendum) sold for $900.

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread