I'm not geting changes when messing with the MAF transfer function.

robert presti

Established Member
I've done this in the past and maybe the closed loop helped ?, but I'm really starting to wonder if the ecu is ignoring the MAF, but not setting a check engine light for it. The adjustments to the MAF transfer function usually seemed to do something, but nothing you really expect, and it was in closed loop at those times. Now that it is off I'm not really seeing any change. My guess would be the car is ignoring the MAF because it thinks it's data incorrect , or the minimum pulse width for the injectors is keeping the car to rich at low throttle and idle. I tend to blame the tune going down the tubes on the change to return fuel, but I'm not positive I ran the 80# injectors return less.

robert presti

Established Member
What year and model car?
2000 mustang gtg3 ecu and SCT advantage 3. I'm stumped at the moment. I could make the car lean out before, but never with the correction that should be applied. The car has MAF add count fluctuation at low speeds, due to the supercharger. I wonder what kind of data would cause the computer to ignore the data? I hate this knowing something might be wrong, but I have no idea if it could even be the problem

robert presti

Established Member
Today I unplugged the MAF and saw a change. So The MAF data and EEC aren't my issue. I was surprised that the car was closer to right with the SCT load with failed MAF transfer function table. So MAF clocking yet or injector data must be the problem.

decipha

Established Member
well that's unacceptable, maf counts should never fluctuate more than 10 ad counts at a stable condition

Users who are viewing this thread