Im Moving to OKC in 3 weeks

jcf661

Adrenaline Rush
Established Member
hey guys Im living in Maryland now but im moving to OKC (edmond area) in about 3 weeks. Are there any local tracks around there? 1/4 mile?

I need to get to know some people in the area and someone to show me where the local hot spots are.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Edmond is on the north side of town. The only 1/4 track, Thunder Valley, is south of OKC in a small town called Noble. It is a few miles south of Norman where the Univ of OK is. I live on the south side of town in Moore and it takes me about 25 minutes to get there. It will take almost an hour from Edmond. There is also a 1.8 mile road course about 1 1/2 hours away west of Tulsa called Hallett Motor Circuit if you are into that. I am the 2006 show car chairman for the Oklahoma Mustang Club. We'd love to have you at our next meeting the last Sunday of March at 2pm. Check out our website at www.okmustangs.com. By the way, Atlantic Blue is my favorite color on the SN95 Cobras along with chrome yellow!

jcf661

Adrenaline Rush
Established Member
Thanks for the response I appreciate the info big time. Ill be out there on the 23rd of March. Looks like the last sunday is the 26th. If I have my car shipped to me by then ill def try to make it out. Yeah I never realized how rare of a color BAB is in a vert until after I bought it and I love the color. You have a lot of mods on your car that I want to put on mine. I ran Tokico illuminas, steeda aluminum control arms, and hawk pads on my old 5.0 vert and loved that setup. Im looking to do the same on the cobra now as well. My Magnaflow exhaust will be on by next week its being shipped as we speak.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
jcf661 said:
Thanks for the response I appreciate the info big time. Ill be out there on the 23rd of March. Looks like the last sunday is the 26th. If I have my car shipped to me by then ill def try to make it out. Yeah I never realized how rare of a color BAB is in a vert until after I bought it and I love the color. You have a lot of mods on your car that I want to put on mine. I ran Tokico illuminas, steeda aluminum control arms, and hawk pads on my old 5.0 vert and loved that setup. Im looking to do the same on the cobra now as well. My Magnaflow exhaust will be on by next week its being shipped as we speak.
Cool. I've got a Magnaflow catted X in my garage awaiting install right now. Maybe this Sat if the weather stays good. It's supposed to be 80+ today! Send me a PM and I can give you more info on the city. It's really a great place to live. No beaches, but about everything else you could want w/o the traffic. We also have the NBA Hornets playing this and next season here due to the Hurricane damage in New Orleans if you like ball.

Seanusaf14

Established Member
without the traffic, unless your near bricktown lol. I just moved to tucson from OKC last Oct. Actually, i still own a house out there. Look up this club also, lot of cool people.

www.OKDHM.com

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Seanusaf14 said:
without the traffic, unless your near bricktown lol. I just moved to tucson from OKC last Oct. Actually, i still own a house out there. Look up this club also, lot of cool people.

www.OKDHM.com
Yeh there are some nice Dead Horse guys. A little bit younger group with more of a focus on racing and partying. The OMC is more family oriented. I am trying to get the groups to do some stuff together this year.

jcf661

Adrenaline Rush
Established Member
well i like racing and partying but i also like a laid back family enviroment somtimes too so getting the two together would be good.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
jcf661 said:
well i like racing and partying but i also like a laid back family enviroment somtimes too so getting the two together would be good.
Or an explosion! LOL

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
My sister lives in far Northern OKC near edmond. Off of some street called Penn I think not too far from a turnpike.

If I go up to visit her and I'm in the Cobra I'll have to send you a PM.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
My sister lives in far Northern OKC near edmond. Off of some street called Penn I think not too far from a turnpike.

Cool I've never seen a 10th anniversary Red Cobra, only a black one. Maybe you could bring it up for one of our car shows. :poke:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Hersheyman said:
Cool I've never seen a 10th anniversary Red Cobra, only a black one. Maybe you could bring it up for one of our car shows. :poke:

maybe you should head south to Dallas in August for the yellow rose southern ford nationals :thumbsup:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
maybe you should head south to Dallas in August for the yellow rose southern ford nationals :thumbsup:
I've considered this the past two years, but always had a conflict. :??:

jcf661

Adrenaline Rush
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:

yeah Im probably about 5 min from her then because I also live right off Penn its about 5 min from the turnpike. That show in august sounds cool I could come to that I have friends that live in dallas.

Grimace

Established Member
I live up on the north east side of edmond, (near I-35). We get together alot at my shop and drink plenty of beer. I will pm you next time we get together. Also, the drive to noble is a hair over an hour from my house, and tulsa is an hour and a half. Tulsa is a helluva lot better track. Thunder valley doesn't hook for shit.

jcf661

Adrenaline Rush
Established Member
Grimace said:
I live up on the north east side of edmond, (near I-35). We get together alot at my shop and drink plenty of beer. I will pm you next time we get together. Also, the drive to noble is a hair over an hour from my house, and tulsa is an hour and a half. Tulsa is a helluva lot better track. Thunder valley doesn't hook for shit.

Sounds awesome. Beer is a very good thing. Yeah let me know next time you guys get together sounds like fun. We def. need to go to the track too.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
grant007 said:
hey im in shawnee.okla.. just moved here from las colinas tx...at least there isnt traffic
Welcome! From Las Colinas to Shawnee is a bit of a change. But at least you're only 30 minutes from OKC. If interested come check out our next car show. It's at Joe Cooper Ford of Yukon on April 29th. www.okmustangs.com

Users who are viewing this thread