Im having a sad day today.. bye bye z06

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
after 7 years with her, it went to a good home atleast. I will really miss this car. it hurt a LOT of feelings.

IMG950483_zpsrq8exxvt.jpg

IMG_0493_zpscttnllv3.jpg

IMG_0490_zpscdsaujhb.jpg

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I know that feeling all too well, dumbest mistake of my automotive life.

Xperia%20016_zpscpbqqqmr.jpg

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
I don't really get it, unless you're selling it because of financial hardship there is no reason to be sad, in my mind. Pretty much every person selling theirs is upgrading, if you're so sad then keep it.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I don't really get it, unless you're selling it because of financial hardship there is no reason to be sad, in my mind. Pretty much every person selling theirs is upgrading, if you're so sad then keep it.

That's why I had to sell mine, lost my job. Reason I regret it is because I got my job back a few months later.

atxjustice6r

Established Member
you prefer a gt500 over a C6Z? either you've got a bad back or are "special"

Hell yea I would too. C6Z is nice but can't even really be boosted. You're about maxed out at 600whp unless you do a motor swap. And unless I'm wanting to just do track days I want more. He has a 13+ 500!

stangfreak

Established Member
I love the c6z. My buddy had one. heads cam intake procharged at 5lbs. The car was just wild. The idle and sound would just scare you.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Hell yea I would too. C6Z is nice but can't even really be boosted. You're about maxed out at 600whp unless you do a motor swap. And unless I'm wanting to just do track days I want more. He has a 13+ 500!

you're right, I'd hate having a better power to weight ratio with my n/a combo, running cooler, 29mpg, better handling, and easier to work on.

Last edited:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Did you feel that way about the Viper too?

I miss my Viper. If i could go back in time, I wouldn't have sold it to pick up a Z06. The problem with the Viper was that it ate 2 power steering pumps while I had it...less than 15k miles and that I had a really hard time putting the power down to the ground.

I had numerous quality issues with the Z06. Fit and finish sucked and for a car with less than 24k...it felt like I was driving around in a car with over 100k.

My current car is very reliable, I love the bells and whistles in it and I spent 2 grand to make close to 150rwhp in it. It finally feels like I have enough horsepower, and I can put my toddlers in the back if they want to go for a ride. Best situation all around... With that said..I will be putting a Gen 5 Viper next to it in the next couple of years.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
you're right, I hate having a better power to weight ratio with my n/a combo, running cooler, 29mpg, better handling, and easier to work on.
So you sold your problem car to a guy and ripped him off, bought a C6Z now go around talking shit on people who enjoy cars that aren't C6Z's. Got it.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
So you sold your problem car to a guy and ripped him off, bought a C6Z now go around talking shit on people who enjoy cars that aren't C6Z's. Got it.

Yeah that's it. Wtf are you talking about? I sold my cobra to pay off my wedding, not that it's any of your business. The new owner and I talk all the time. And yes I think c6z is better than gt500, that's all.

atxjustice6r

Established Member
Yeah that's it. Wtf are you talking about? I sold my cobra to pay off my wedding, not that it's any of your business. The new owner and I talk all the time. And yes I think c6z is better than gt500, that's all.

ah, you just bought a C6Z...makes sense now

Planter

Banned
ugh...been there done that, know how you feel. not with a Corvette, but still saying goodbye to my pride and joy was the dumbest thing I have ever done in my life. Not been quite right since that May day in 2009. :nonono:

10580057_1514968115404056_8115453204164335114_n.jpg

working on a replacement now. New Stang coming late July or early August!

can't wait to see the pics of your new C7! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread