Im getting totally lost on the direction to go.

robert presti

Established Member
I have a Procharged mustang. It has idle issues do to I think a small recirculating valve. The IAC shouldn't be fed by the supercharger, but you lose boost unless you have some sort of check valve. This seems to me that it would only work well in a draw through configuration. In a blow through the IAC would be taking in air that isn't metered. Or doesn't that matter much???

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
it would help to know what mustang you have

blow through or draw through it should idle like stock if everything (including tune) is right

robert presti

Established Member
it would help to know what mustang you have

blow through or draw through it should idle like stock if everything (including tune) is right

It's blow through. IAC is fed near the throttle body. Today every thing was changed big time with 50mm BOV tube installed with out a BOV on it. My guess is this is the direction to make it better, but the clocking of the MAF must be critical, or needs a screen to straiten the airflow. I have a Procharged 2000 mustang 17+psi boost.

97snakebite

Established Member
It's blow through. IAC is fed near the throttle body. Today every thing was changed big time with 50mm BOV tube installed with out a BOV on it. My guess is this is the direction to make it better, but the clocking of the MAF must be critical, or needs a screen to straiten the airflow. I have a Procharged 2000 mustang 17+psi boost.

are there questions in here some where??

robert presti

Established Member
What issues are you having?

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk
The issue was a 2000 rpm hanging idle. I could block off the IAC air feed and the car would idle down. Once the rpms got high enough the same problem again. Now most of the IAC preposition is written out and things are pretty good idle wise. The car still has a 70 MAF count fluctuation under 2000 rpm throttle closed. Nothing seems to get the fluctuation out. Maybe just to much supercharger/ pulley for a blow through MAF set up?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Where is the maf located? Is it in that elbow behind the bumper on the pass side? If so its best to get it moved up into a straight section before the TB and go slot style while you're at it

robert presti

Established Member
Where is the maf located? Is it in that elbow behind the bumper on the pass side? If so its best to get it moved up into a straight section before the TB and go slot style while you're at it

I have the MAF in the pass wheel well. It has a flow straighter screen before it. Moving it doesn't seem like I would gain much. I have a BA5000 now, I'm thinking the car should have been put back to draw through. This is around 20 psi of boost (on a built engine) and seems like just way to much air is going back and fourth between the supercharger and the throttle plate with the MAF in the middle.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
It's not the amount of air, it's where the maf is located. Right after a turn isn't a great place for it. If you put it before the TB you can get it in a longer straight section. The other option being to use an intercooler that would allow you to put it in an end tank of intercooler or a straight section right after the intercooler.

Unless you have a recirculating valve you can't go draw through anyway...among other problems with draw through

Users who are viewing this thread