I'm cracking here, need a yay or nay

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh yea, hell no to spending 60K on a mustang with those options. That's laughable, escp on a GT and not a higher name brand. I did find a ATS-V for under 50 which has me intrigued.
At that price, I'd definitely be leaning towards an ATS-V. It would make an awesome DD. Especially when a loaded Mustang GT lists for over that. JMO. Oh, and happy that you're enjoying your new pup. :)

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Don't waste your money on an S550 15-17 GT. I bought one new. Sold it and don't look back once. They are much farther forward in terms of comfort, styling, power, and all that over previous gen.. But the IRS in them is trash and the MT82's and clutches are known for being very weak links. Even in lightly modded cars.

I would buy another one if they were in the 10-15k range but at 30-40k for a premium where the ac/heated seats struggle to function properly and sync sucks, I wouldn't touch it. Go buy a Camaro and be happier.

08mojo

Established Member
Don't waste your money on an S550 15-17 GT. I bought one new. Sold it and don't look back once. They are much farther forward in terms of comfort, styling, power, and all that over previous gen.. But the IRS in them is trash and the MT82's and clutches are known for being very weak links. Even in lightly modded cars.

I would buy another one if they were in the 10-15k range but at 30-40k for a premium where the ac/heated seats struggle to function properly and sync sucks, I wouldn't touch it. Go buy a Camaro and be happier.

:rolleyes:

Close the thread please.

Yes, with the quoted post above, close the thread please.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Thanks

Thanks Mr Dream killer.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
If you want to go fast now, DO NOT get a 2018 mustang gt.

New car will have a speed density (read: not maf) system. It will take some time for tuners to get any kind if meaningful power out of this engine. Let alone get a handle on the direct injection aspect.

Safe bet is get the 2017 as they start to blow em out for the 2018s. Roush and VMP make awesome TVS kits to make your GT a monster

FWIW Eric@HPtuners says it will still have a MAF and another says ecooboost will be SD. Where did you hear the GT will go back to speed density?

hptuners.JPG

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
If it's not going to be you're only car, you would be much better off getting an 11-12 GT500 IMO. You will do way better recouping your money down the road assuming you don't rack up huge annual miles on it.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
FWIW Eric@HPtuners says it will still have a MAF and another says ecooboost will be SD. Where did you hear the GT will go back to speed density?

View attachment 736801

VMP's own Alex Flores has some great insight into this:

And here is his video after the 2018 HP numbers were released:

Great video of his about boosted S550's v. an S197

I love my S197 GT500 and Ill never sell her willingly ever. But I admit, the 15-17 S550 in Race Red looks DAMN good. Maybe a used S550 as a daily in the future.

S550 5.0 Coyote with a 6R60 and VMP 750hp kit is ****ing monstrous.... DEFINITELY get the auto.

Users who are viewing this thread