• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
American Muscle
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

I'm about done with AM.

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by LDC2335, May 3, 2020.

1. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

Why all the hate here towards Bama tunes? LOL. The Search feature is your friend. There have been multiple threads over the past few years addressing issues with Bama tunes. They're not recommended for good reason. Your choice, of course. The smart decision would be to do it right the first time and choose a quality, recommended tuner. @me32 recommended Shaun @ AED. Shaun will take care of you after the tune, as well. Good luck getting quality service like that from Bama.

me32 likes this.
  2. StevesBuddyAntz

StevesBuddyAntz Member Established Member

Dealt w/ them recently and zero problems. Customer service was top notch.

3. lOOKnGO

lOOKnGO Keep'um smiling Established Member

It's a start......good to hear!

4. CobraBob

Are you talking about Bama Tunes or American Muscle? Probably AM, but there was a discussion above your post about the quality of Bama tunes.

5. 03cobra#2

03cobra#2 Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies Established Member

When I did my build last year I used Summit Racing, Lethal Performance, CJ Pony Parts, L&M Engines, Cobra Engineering, and Ebay. All those places were great to deal with.

6. HISSMAN

HISSMAN The Great Bearded One Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to how I started feeling about AM back in 2016.

7. 13'5.0

13'5.0 Member Established Member

Same here. Placed several orders with them over the past 3 or 4 months. Great service. Between American Muscle and the Bama tune, people on here advised me to light the car on fire and walk away. Couldn't of been more off base. Car runs great.

8. mcate

mcate Member Established Member

I've had nothing but good experiences with them. But I was just looking for Borla Stingers. AM lowered their military discount from 6% down to 4%. Summit gave me a little over 7%. It wasn't much money, but I like to give my business to places that take care of the military.

mysticsvt likes this.
  9. Daddys GT500

Daddys GT500 Member Established Member

Another dissatisfied customer, just stay away from this company.

10. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Did you have a bad experience?

11. 14MustangDriver

14MustangDriver New Member Established Member

i ordered 1800 dollars worth of parts from them last June 2020, when i called in my order they were all happy and more than willing to help me locate what i was looking for and even threw in a t-shirt and hat for free, i waited for aprox 6 weeks for my order as i live in Canada the first part of my order arrived on a Friday which was my cold-air-intake which i could not install as it needed the sct/bama tune for the Airaid CAI so i waited for another week and i got box 2 &3 of parts box 2 contained the sct tuner wrapped in bubble wrap and not in a box my hood struts were packed loosely in the box no bubble wrap i had a coyote 3rd brake light sticker shipped but it was crumpled in the bottom of the box like a repack, i guess it could have been customs,my shirt and hat this was box 2 box 3 i had hoped it was just a shipping mistake but when i ordered a MMD styling bar for my car THEY (AM) shipped me a cat-back exhaust for a 1998 Mustang GT i refused that box as i didn't order it (my first Mistake)i called them they asked for the tracking number and i said i refused that part of the order and that just started another snowball effect as i didn't know that i was supposed to accept the order and call them upon any mix ups so after i got everything sorted out I had to reorder the mmd styling bar because the exhaust was being held by ups to figure out what to do with it 8 weeks later they shipped it back to AM and they subsequently docked my order 10% restocking fee and shipping. i called them up and they made good on the 10% and shipping but the mmd styling bar showed up at the end of July first week of august and i got it installed and it was the worst fitment i have ever seen i called them and they assured me that it was for a 2014 mustang convertible but it had a forward lean and about a 1/2" gap at the rear of the mount. i drove the car with all my new toys till November 8,2020 when after i parked the car i noticed that the cai had 1/2" of water in it and the filter was saturated so i put the car back to stock until i could figure out a work around, i contacted AM about the issue and the reply was to buy a new hood or an enclosed CAI this is right after i spend 1800 on all these parts.

So far to date i have removed the Airaid CAI and put the stock tune back in (Parts are in my garage)
    1 hood strut broke and i had it replaced seems to be working OK hood is just a pain to close now
    the sticker i had to have remade
    and tonight i noticed that the MMD styling bar covering has come unglued and was a waste of money

I will not be ordering from them again as i don't even know if the mmd bar is under warranty everything came re-wrapped in bubble wrap except the cai which is the only thing that worked except the heat extractors in my hood dump water on the filter and underhood power distribution box and pcm in the rain and car washes so this was a ford poor design flaw

but out of 1800 dollars in parts i have a total of $120 in parts installed i didn't have issues with (not sure if it's the Canadian winters) but they parts sure didn't hold up for any length of time all the rest are currently sitting in my garage, i had a gut feeling not to order the parts but i went against my gut feeling and i have 1700 in parts from AM and 1400 in exhaust from flowmaster (sold me an outlaw cat back kit when i wanted the American thunder kit) just sitting in my garage

sorry i just needed a rant in aftermarket parts and because i mostly ordered from AM they are the dumping ground..shipped me a new catalogue last month which is the same one i got in may 2020 least they could do is send a new catalogue

12. PC03GT

PC03GT Well-Known Member Established Member

I just ordered a BA3000 for my cobra, yes AM still sucks. They took my money right away, had to wait for an invoice longer than usual, and of course shipping was a nightmare.

I don't how long they've been doing it, but they work with a larger company where all the parts are dispersed from it's called Turn5. When I received the shipping info this company's name was on the delivery, so I looked them up, basically they are like an Amazon of car parts. This would explain why everything is such a pita with AM

13. Coz

Coz Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

Turn 5 is essentially AM. It is the parent company and AM is one of the brands along with their others for Jeeps and trucks.

Shifty Powers likes this.
  14. CobraBob

Yes, that is correct, @Coz.

15. PC03GT

PC03GT Well-Known Member Established Member

Did they originally start as just a mustang company? I know back in the day I never had a problem with their products or service

16. 5.2Leader

5.2Leader Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

Originally I think they did. Actually I pretty sure of it. I think they have just got to big to quick.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

PC03GT likes this.
  17. CobraBob

Yep, correct. Too big, too quick. When they started to expand their operations, customer service went downhill. Hence the dropping of the daily rep here on SVTP who helped member with their orders, resolving issues, etc. Gone!

5.2Leader and me32 like this.
  18. 5.2Leader

5.2Leader Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

A shame really.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

19. CobraBob

It is. They would be making a lot of sales from SVTP members had they not disappeared. It's not like SVTP is a small forum.

20. Black02GT

Black02GT *Not 2KBlackGT Established Member

I think their target demographic isn't the well informed tech people on here. More now selling bolt-ons to people with newer stuff making an easy buck. Nothing really wrong with that, just not a real tuner shop.

5.2Leader and DSG2003Mach1 like this.