• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
American Muscle
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

I'm about done with AM.

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by LDC2335, May 3, 2020.

1. bakers4v4_6

bakers4v4_6 Member Established Member

Yea I guess my situation is very similiar to OP. Its been awhile and when i called I got shit service then I got on here to see if we had a rep and it appears that is not the case anymore.... Any suggestions? I was just gonna order thru summit they are quick and always good service but not sure on price comparable? and i didnt really wanna pay for shipping lol seems crazy these days to pay extra for anything imo

2. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

Well, depending on what you're looking for, I would prefer supporting other SVTP advertisers like Late Model Restoration, Lethal, and CJ Pony Parts. I've haven't ordered from Summit in a long time, but they seem pretty decent. Jegs is another shop some here have used. Again, sometimes your choice depends in part on who sells what you're looking to buy.

And always be sure to pin the store down on availability, ship date and shipper. And, of course, get a tracking number.

Lastly, I personally am always willing to pay a bit more for an item if it means higher level customer support....before the sale, during the sale, and after the sale.

black99lightnin and me32 like this.
  3. lOOKnGO

lOOKnGO Keep'um smiling Established Member

American Muscle made in China. What do you expect? LoL

It's not going to get better.

black99lightnin and me32 like this.
  4. 13'5.0

13'5.0 Member Established Member

Really wish I would of seen this thread an hour ago. Just placed an order with them. Sct tuner w/bama tune. Hopefully it shows up

5. MG0h3

MG0h3 Well-Known Member Established Member

From what I’ve seen about Bummer tunes, I’d cancel that order.

You do need the handheld though

“You’re full of $#!+”
    Joe Biden

svtperformance.com mobile app

me32 likes this.
  6. Zedeater

Zedeater Good from far Established Member

Oh they have built in excuses for that already. Try calling first thing tomorrow AM and they will probably tell you they can’t cancel the order, even though it hasn’t even shipped yet. At least that was my last experience with AM from this past March.

me32 likes this.
  7. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Hope you have a a real tuner. I do not recommend bama tunes. Personally id contact shaun at AED for your tune.

8. 13'5.0

I did some research who does the best tunes. It was basically 50/50 lund, bama. I'm sure either one would run fine. Sucks about the bad service over at AM. Hopefully I won't have any issues. I'm excited to get this tune on my car. Sounds like 400rwhp should be easily attainable

9. 03DSGMach1

03DSGMach1 10's or Bust! Established Member

50/50 Lund or Bama? I wouldn’t even consider Bama in the same league as Lund

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  10. lOOKnGO

lOOKnGO Keep'um smiling Established Member

Put the phone down.....step away from the phone........keep drinking, correct in the morning.

black99lightnin, me32 and 03DSGMach1 like this.
  11. 03DSGMach1

03DSGMach1 10's or Bust! Established Member

Lmao! Thanks for that!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

me32 and lOOKnGO like this.
  12. 13'5.0

13. 13'5.0

Well shit. So now what? It doesn't sound like AM will be much help with a return. Is this bama tune even worth putting on my car? What kinda issues should I be concerned with?

14. Makobra

Makobra Mostly Peaceful Established Member

I have spent over 8K in parts in the last year or so. 3K of that with AM.

here's the top 3.

1. if you want a maximum motorsport part THEY DO NOT STOCK THEM so you are better off just going to MM directly. you'll get the part faster with less hassle and if something does go wrong they've got you.

2. do not depend on them for technical information. I called about a set of gears, the dude on the phone assured me the new ford racing gears had the pinion depth (I think) stamped on the gear. it wasn't. I already had older 4.10's. wasted money. they gave me a t shirt and a 25 dollar gift card for my trouble.

3. ordered a driveshaft for a 99 cobra because they were the ONLY game in town that had one off the shelf. got some seats and brackets as well while I was at it. the DS never made it to UPS. they tried to tell me to wait so I had to pull rank and be like "dude, I've worked in this industry, I know when a label has been printed and if UPS got it that sucker would have something on it, this thing got lost, I don't have it, UPS probably doesn't have it, and I really and just pleading with you to get me this super rare been waiting weeks for you guys to get them back in stock part" they sent me the ONLY one of they had left (by the grace of God).

I don't have trouble every time I order parts from them but it sure feels like things go bad with them way more than anyone else.

contrast that with LMR. I ordered a set of flywheel bolts, brand new ford units, for a 3V becaus their site said it would work for my 97. Well I got em and they're way too big, obviously not correct. to make matters worse I ordered TWO boxes by mistake.

so I check their site, send them screenshots of the incorrect info, and ask them what we can do about this.

I will remember what happened next for the rest of my life:

"Oh we apologize, sorry for the inconvenience, don't worry about returning the parts and we'll refund your money ASAP!"

you can't ASK for better customer service than that. They are the GOLD STANDARD as far as I'm concerned.

AM feels like their success just outstripped their ability to manage effectively and have people on staff that know mustangs in and out. I don't hate on em but they do need to get some things fixed. I HATE how they say things are in stock when they'll drop ship from the mfg. its 2020, you can't smoke and mirrors this shit anymore.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    black99lightnin likes this.
  15. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Keep the tuner, do not run the bama tune. Contact a real tuner. Do some research on svtp. The top 4 tuners have been listed on the site. I recommend @[email protected] , he is a vendor on the site too. There are other options too.

16. Makobra

Makobra Mostly Peaceful Established Member

DUDE they did that SAME THING to me. I was so freaking pissed off. its cause they drop ship EVERYTHING so the minute its processed that sucker fires off to God only knows where so they have to send a "request" to the vendor. i just about lost it on them with that one. it was very frustrating.

Zedeater likes this.
  17. Cobraonr

Cobraonr Member Established Member

So much for ordering with confidence. Hope you GET what you ordered, the second time. Come on AM where's your customer service. #Getitrightthefirsttime

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

18. Coz

Coz Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

I have a 14 and my first tunes were the Bama tunes included with the SCT Tuner. They got a bad rap with their original Coyote tunes but then got a new head tuner and introduced their Version 2 (V2) tunes around 2014.

The 93 Octane performance tune made a dramatic difference in driveability. Now, my car is a 6R80 so much of that may be due to the changes in shift points and firmness. When I installed their race tune, it felt even better and I kept that tune in the car for about 2 years.

I switched to Revolution Performance in MD after changing to L&M cams and a 2018 intake manifold. Bama can only accommodate limited changes to the engine such as CAI, headers, throttle body. And probably other OEM configurations such as installing a Boss 302 intake.

Bottom line, the Bama tunes will definitely not hurt your car and you will probably like them, especially if you have an automatic. If you don't, you really haven't lost anything since you can use anyone's tunes in the SCT tuner. Well, technically, you "lose" the preloaded tunes that come with the non-Bama labeled SCT tuners but I don't think too many people use the SCT tunes anyway.

19. 13'5.0

Well that makes me feel better. American muscle sent me a tracking # this morning. Bama sent me the form to fill out. Asking about my mods. I'm really excited. Why all the hate on this board towards bama?

20. Coz

Coz Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

Their customer support has gone down. And their e-mail is like spam anymore. Like I said, some of their initial tunes were reported to be problematic. Supposedly contributing to the cylinder #8 failures. BTW, that issue was not limited to Bama. They changed that with their V2 tunes but by that time they turned off a lot of people who rightly moved on to other tuners. They even added a 3yr/36K mile limited warranty for certain engine parts for a few years afterwards. I don't remember hearing anyone that needed to cash in on that warranty. However, by that time there was no reason for any of the original users to go back to Bama and give them a second chance.

You can probably do better if you want to squeeze every bit of power out of the Coyote but for the price (essentially free with the tuner) you really can't wrong and you can't beat the value.

Is yours an MT82 or 6R80?

Shifty Powers likes this.