Illinois Area H-D Trucks and Lightnings

Lightning Bob

Established Member
Sunday May 2nd is the First 2004 ILLNESS outing at Byron Dragway.
All Lightnings and Ford - Harley Davidson trucks are invited, and we will be running a single bracket style race. We usually have a great turnout for our first race day of the season, and I would expect the same this year.
As usual, Byron Dragway has donated several trophies to the club, which will be given to the events winner and runnerup. Winter was too long. Both Ron Leek at Byron, and I are looking forward to seeing all of the Lightning's and H-D's at Byron again.

The current extended forecast doesn't look real good (cool, with rain possible), but what do weathermen know anyway? So plan to be there in spite of the naysayers.....

The track will open around 9:00 with time trials starting around 10:00. Please be ready to RACE by 11;30 AM, so we can be sure to finish our event.

If you have never been there, directions to Byron Dragway can be found at BYRON. If you have never raced your truck before, all of our ILLNESS club members are very nice people and are always willing to assist new owners in learning how to run your truck at the dragstrip. If anyone has questions, don't be afraid to ask. I personally will be available to help anyone in the club race. Because of issues with my truck, I am going to have to bring my Cobra instead and will not be running in our class.

Hope you can all make it, and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

P.S. Don't forget to bring your helmet if you have one. Bring two, if you have a spare(for use by those without). Byron does now have some available, but rents them for $5/day.

Lightning Bob

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread