Ignition Box Question

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Gents,

Working on my 96 Cobra and I am removing the pro charger FMU and chip going with more modern equipment. This stuff was installed in 98 so my question is, for an ignition, it has a DIS4+ P/N 6215 MSD Box, would I ever need this thing? I have it unhooked, but there are wires spidered all over the engine bay and it drives me nuts. Can I remove for good? Insight?

Alex :beer:

CamCobra10

Established Member
Gents,

Working on my 96 Cobra and I am removing the pro charger FMU and chip going with more modern equipment. This stuff was installed in 98 so my question is, for an ignition, it has a DIS4+ P/N 6215 MSD Box, would I ever need this thing? I have it unhooked, but there are wires spidered all over the engine bay and it drives me nuts. Can I remove for good? Insight?

Alex :beer:
I just ditched my dis 4 and in the middle of a COP and its looking better already...it should give you more spark, I haven't found out just yet, but other people on here says it works great...cleaning up all the other wires that was spidered out through the engine bay, your going to spend a couple of hundred to convert it, but well worth it

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I just ditched my dis 4 and in the middle of a COP and its looking better already...it should give you more spark, I haven't found out just yet, but other people on here says it works great...cleaning up all the other wires that was spidered out through the engine bay, your going to spend a couple of hundred to convert it, but well worth it

I am not going COP conversion, just going back to the way it was stock. Thanks for the info though! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread