if you're Cobra, Bullitt, Mach 1 front brakes rattle....

NewOrleans-YAT

Established Member
I am always asking for help so I figured I would pass on some good info. I had the brake rattle for a year now. I checked everything many times, but still had the rattle. I changed the pins and clips but it still rattled. I found a kit on amazon that came with the rubber inserts for the clips, $11.75 best price online.

The rubber inserts made the difference. No more rattle

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
s-l300.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I am always asking for help so I figured I would pass on some good info. I had the brake rattle for a year now. I checked everything many times, but still had the rattle. I changed the pins and clips but it still rattled. I found a kit on amazon that came with the rubber inserts for the clips, $11.75 best price online.

The rubber inserts made the difference. No more rattle

not seeing a link to click on

interesting, never seen that piece before and Ive had the car since new

NewOrleans-YAT

Established Member
with out them, the pins just slid in. With the rubber inserts I had to push down hard on the caliper to get the pin in. Takes any movement out the caliper. Hence no rattle

52merc

Established Member
Don't appear to be OEM. The Motorcraft hardware kit doesn't include them and I don't see any reference to them in the service manual. They are included in kits from Raybestos (H5716A) and AC Delco (18K5716X) as well.

Users who are viewing this thread