If you play Flappy Bird..

Hodgepodge

Established Member
Pesky Pipes is my attempt to create a Flappy Bird clone, but with more challenging gameplay. Flap your wings to guide the flying bird through a maze of horizontally and VERTICALLY moving pipes. The further you get, the faster the pipes begin to move! How long can you avoid those pesky pipes?

peskyPipes1_zps822db6a5.png

peskyPipes2_zps2cd22839.png

Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Pesky Pipes

Hodgepodge

Established Member
Also, my second flappy clone attempt. Flap your wings to guide the phoenix through each pipe. Like the mythical phoenix, your pixelated pal will arise from his own ashes when he crashes.

At level 25, pipes will begin to move up and down, and will continue to pick up speed the further you get.

Start with 3 lives. New life awarded for each 100 pipes cleared.

flappingPhoenix1_zpse83284db.png

flappingPhoenix2_zps5d26748c.png

Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Flapping Phoenix

AtlanticRJ

Established Member
wat, I has flappy bird on my SGS3.

Are people really spending more money for phones with Flappy bird on it?

I don't get why it is so special, but I remember seeing a piece done on CNN about somebody trying to sell their iphone with flappy bird for 10k...:shrug:

Guess it all goes back to the concept of "two types of people"...?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
damn, so youre saying I cant throw my SGS3 on craigslist for $1000 because it has FlappyBird on it?

damn you. guess ill have to whore myself out again tonight.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Just because people are posting them on CL does not necessarily mean they are selling. There were a couple listed on Ebay for several thousand dollars and never received a bid, but the fact they were listed there in the first place started a rumor that they were selling for high prices - and thus encouraging others to do the same. It's important to also note though, selling a phone on Ebay with pre-loaded software is apparently against their TOS (or so I read).

As has already been mentioned, anyone with a little bit of technical knowledge could extract the game from another phone. Not to shame against your game, but I really hope to see some innovative stuff on the app store soon - it's getting a little old seeing Flappy this and Floppy that. I think 90% of the apps on the recently added list are Flappy Bird knock offs and something I could probably build in a day or so with my limited knowledge of programming on Game Maker.

Last edited:

95gts5oh

wat
Established Member
I had it on my phone for a while, I made it as far as 7 and I wanted to spike my phone on the ground. I deleted the app about a week ago because the sight of it made me want to punch something.

Hodgepodge

Established Member
I had it on my phone for a while, I made it as far as 7 and I wanted to spike my phone on the ground. I deleted the app about a week ago because the sight of it made me want to punch something.

I appreciate your frustration

Users who are viewing this thread