If you had fatal disease and months to live would you..

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I'm thinking day one, rob a bank, stash the cash, repeat. No sense leaving your family broke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Only case i would condone that would be extreme pain and immobility... Short of that, there is no reason to ever take your own life.

I can understand people who would want to who have unbearable pain that can't be treated, and they can't take care of themselves or move. I personally would consider it too. Some people just aren't built to live like that.

nxhappy

Established Member
Nope. That's the pussy way out. You gotta fight the fight and die with integrity. Why make it a million times worse with a suicide? Why would you be selfish and hurt your family and friends like that? Suicide is VERY damaging to a family. Not to mention, doctors might give you 3 months, and you might like 5 ****ing years.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Nope. That's the pussy way out. You gotta fight the fight and die with integrity. Why make it a million times worse with a suicide? Why would you be selfish and hurt your family and friends like that? Suicide is VERY damaging to a family. Not to mention, doctors might give you 3 months, and you might like 5 ****ing years.
Remember if you’re withering away on a daily and losing massive amounts of muscle you will more likely die in the time frame they gave you. I’ve seen it first hand plenty. In 3 months this young man went from 180 to 85lbs. If he decided to say I’ve had enough I’m gonna die on my terms, considering he informed his loved ones. I respect that and his wishes.

Further I respect your opinion as well. I don’t think there’s no right or wrong answer to this difficult question.

nxhappy

Established Member
I don't respect any person for taking their own life. In my eyes it's the coward way out. At least if you die naturally, your family won't suffer psychologically from a son/daughter suicide. If you take your own life, you are selfishly hurting your family.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Id probably drive over to @nxhappy's place and smoke his viper with my viper. Then drive to sonoma raceway and do laps with speedsf as I get smoked by @treynor in his Mustang GT4.
Ta day was a good day.

blk02edge

Established Member
I don't respect any person for taking their own life. In my eyes it's the coward way out. At least if you die naturally, your family won't suffer psychologically from a son/daughter suicide. If you take your own life, you are selfishly hurting your family.
I very strongly disagree. In many cases it is much much harder on the family to watch you suffer for prolonged periods of time. While I think I know the roots of why you think that, its selfish to call someone a coward for choosing how they want to live out their withering life.
5 years stuck in a hospital bed... No thanks

ssssnake

Established Member

This. My husband's last four months were painful for him, I know, but he fought til he couldn't fight anymore. Thank God he didn't end his life. I treasured every extra minute I had with him. Towards the last few days, we had plenty of pain medication to ease his passage. He passed with me holding him and telling him I loved him. I would make the same decision for myself if it happened.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I have a friend that recently passed from ALS she only lasted about 8 mos from diagnosis, she was talking about going to OR but didn't make it. I don't blame her for wanting it to end. It was heartbreaking to see her suffer and in the end I don't really believe it matters how you leave this world, we are only here for a very short time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Not sure how I would handle it because we never know until we are in that position, but I have told my loved ones that after seeing what my dad went through and watching another relative wither and die unable to take care of himself that short of divine intervention I will go out on my terms. I will hang as long as I feel I can but when I the the time is right I will pick the time and place of mr demise.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
This. My husband's last four months were painful for him, I know, but he fought til he couldn't fight anymore. Thank God he didn't end his life. I treasured every extra minute I had with him. Towards the last few days, we had plenty of pain medication to ease his passage. He passed with me holding him and telling him I loved him. I would make the same decision for myself if it happened.

All that a man could ever wish for right there. Much respect.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That was tough to read right there. For many of us, death is just a small passage to an eternity free of all pain. I've never contemplated suicide yet I look forward to the day this life takes its natural course and ends because I am more intrigued and excited by what is next than seeing what seems like a deteriorating state of this world. It sucks here but it is a life each of us are meant to live to the very end, through the good times as well as the painful times.

Everyone has a different threshold for pain so advocating suicide sends the wrong message to your loved ones and especially your kids as they may learn to see it as a viable means to end their suffering later on in life and it may be suffering that can be resolved.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Interesting concept. I think this pops up time to time. And I think all of our answers vary dependent upon when we are asked, and the state of our lives.

Me?

1) Put a baby in the Mrs.
2) Spend the money I always hesitated to spend on the car and just enjoy doing what I love
3) Travel a butt load with a hopefully now pregnant wife
4) Apologize to everyone I've ever wronged, donate my time to help others, and be a more supportive loving person

Lastly

Fight the shit out of whatever it is. I ain't no bitch.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I remember something that was told to me as a ladd.
You have no choice coming in to this world , but you have a choice in how you leave .
Society dictates , that to remove one self ,on their terms is cowardly , but tell me this ,
Do you have the courage to end your time here ?
When I hear some one say " I've never considered ,or thought of suicide " , I call them out .
It is a natural process in life .
Some make the decision , others do not .
My opinion , for what it is worth , is if you are terminally I'll, what ever you choose , is fine .
If you are heart broken because of some failed relationship , that is different .

My daughter's boyfriend, capped himself , when he was told he could not date her any more , until he got a meaningful job .
My father , fought a debilitating illness , that took a huge toll on him and the family before he gave up , and finally passed away in a hospital.
Choose your path .
No one remembers forever .

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member
I would do blow, meth, moly, **** hookers, jet fuel....the list is very long

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
We can all say what we would like to do, but when reality hits home, things become different.

My uncle beat colon cancer four years ago. I learned today that the cancer is back with a vengeance. He is too sick for chemo, and the cancer not only invaded the intestines, but the liver and other organs.

He has been give a few weeks according to doctors. All anyone can do is keep him as comfortable as possible.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread