• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

If you had fatal disease and months to live would you..

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by 01Jes, Jul 11, 2018.

1. 01Jes

01Jes Z06 bought with food stamps Established Member

You’re a good man Bob I’ve seen you around when I had my Terminator many years ago. You make some valid points I also send my condolences to your family in regards to your son-in-law. To focus on your question, either way yes you’re right, it would be a tremendous shock to my family I’m sure. Although with proper preparation that may help. I watched both of my aunts pass away quickly from dementia and other diseases because they didn’t take care of themselves. It’s an agonizing death. However, I’d like to die on my terms and not in a hospital. It’s a difficult subject to address no matter what. Good talk my man. We have some positive hardcore mofos in this forum.

:Beer toast to all:

PaxtonShelby likes this.
  2. Tifosi2003GT

Tifosi2003GT Well-Known Member Established Member

I'm not afraid of the box... When the time comes I just go.

Mustang_02 likes this.
  3. Mustang_02

Mustang_02 Member Established Member

I'm looking forward to the box.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tifosi2003GT likes this.
  4. DaleM

DaleM T$45GOATMAGAMen Established Member

Too late, I already gave it to her. Lol

5. Smooth

Smooth Well Seasoned Premium Member Established Member

I don't fear death. And I don't believe WebMD.

BrunotheBoxer, lexustech48 and DaleM like this.
  6. lexustech48

lexustech48 I <3 Ford Premium Member Established Member

EVERYTHING leads to cancer in WebMD lol

DaleM and Smooth like this.
  7. MG0h3

MG0h3 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I'd get my affairs in order to leave my loved ones in the best situation possible. Sell or deed over real estate, cars, tools etc.

And just spend as much time with them as possible. Pray that the doctors ****ed up and I'm not really sick.......

8. blk02edge

blk02edge Well-Known Member Established Member

attempt to steal a fighter jet... If I somehow got it, i would do as many mach 1+ passes over my buddy's houses before I got shot down.

9. jaxbusa

jaxbusa Active Member Established Member

On October 27, 1997, Oregon enacted the Death with Dignity Act which allows terminally-ill Oregonians to end their lives through the voluntary self-administration of lethal medications, expressly prescribed by a physician. Depending on my life insurance, I might visit Oregon. No sense running my family’s emotions and finances through the wringer for a few extra painful weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01Jes and blk02edge like this.
  10. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Wut? Established Member

Tell everyone you're dying of AIDS so none of your friends will sleep with her after you kick the bucket.

HudsonFalcon likes this.
  11. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Wut? Established Member

Hire myself out to some disgustingly rich big game hunter as the "ultimate prey". He puts a few million in an account for my wife, I let him stalk and kill me in the jungle. Of course, I'd make him work for it. Gotta give your customers their money worth.

blk02edge, OETKB, 01Jes and 1 other person like this.
  12. Zemedici

Zemedici Well-Known Member Established Member

Dumb question, which of these things can you do now, realistically, and why dont you do them?

Just curious. :D

13. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Premium Member Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Perfect. It's like a Brockton Fairy Tale.

BigPoppa likes this.
  14. jpro

jpro Disoriented Poster Established Member

lexustech48 and JetmechF16 like this.
  15. DaleM

Spend as much time with family as possible. Once I became a burden or if in excruciating pain it would make me consider checking out on a morphine drip. Would consult with family on that decision of course.

Smooth and 01Jes like this.
  16. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member

Good points, my brother. I totally understand. We're talking about very challenging, very personal decisions. We're going through a tough time now with my mother-in-law, who requires 24/7 care due to a stroke she had about 10 years ago. She lost most of her mobility and her brain doesn't function like it used to. She can no longer even use her walker. She is pained by the loss of her mobility, but loves to be surrounded by her family. And her family loves to care for her. Because of the high cost of nursing/assistance care, most of the care has to be provided by my wife. Mom needs to be bathed, taken to the bathroom (supervised), fed, put into bed, gotten out of bed, sat in a chair, etc. My wife is literally living in her mom's home from 3:30 PM to 10:00 AM every day. She doesn't sleep here. She sleeps there, every night. My wife and I are both fine with that. I miss her terribly and she misses me terribly. Fortunately we work together, so I see her from 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM Monday through Thursday. It's hard for her mom to see my wife and I apart, but she isn't ready to depart. That said, I have thought many times over the past few months what would I do in the same situation. Honestly, I wouldn't want to be a burden, and I don't think I would be able to handle the loss of control of the things I take for granted now. Things like driving, housekeeping, bathing, washing clothes, using the bathroom privately, etc. I've told a number of my friends that I can see a day in the future when we will all be able to make our own decisions on extending our lives when our quality of life has declined due to health or physical issues. It's a very personal decision in that case, but if possible loving family members should be included in the decision making process. At least when possible.

Me? I'm on the fence relative to my own life. My wife, for example? I couldn't likely let her go. These are extremely personal and sensitive decisions, and there is no absolute answer that works for everyone. The example of my son-in-law and my daughter was right for their family. We're all different. Our situations are all different and very personal. Truth be told, I would bet the vast majority of us would hope that we pass in our sleep, peacefully, before we are suffering health or physical issues that degrade our quality of life.

blk02edge, 01Jes and PaxtonShelby like this.
  17. Smooth

I'd like to be on a morphine drip right now. Anybody who's ever had morphine would understand.

Mustang_02 likes this.
  18. DaleM

Yeah been there. Take oxycontin extended release to keep pain levels down to 7ish.

Smooth likes this.
  19. lexustech48

lexustech48 I <3 Ford Premium Member Established Member

jpro likes this.
  20. Smooth

I remember you talking about yer pain. I wish you didn't have to deal with it still. I had about a 10 year bout with pain but have made it to a point where I no longer need prescription meds. But morphine is the shit.