If I sold my turbo kit how much should I get

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
1. No I am not selling my kit, just looking for a ball park figure on how much it is worth.

Hellion Single T76 Ball Bearing Turbo
Custom 3 1/2 Cold Side Piping (not the small 2 1/2 that comes with kit)
Stock Hellion Intercooler
Custom 4" Downpipe (Research PhillySVT car so see how much improvement this made)
Also this is a blow thru system, (not the crappy draw thru that stalls out)
Comes with custom exhaust kit which includes magnaflow mufflers with dumps

I'd keep my slotted MAF, and Procharger Race Bypass for the next setup

This Kit brand new is 6100.00 I'd probably want 6000.00 CASH since I have over 2200.00 in upgrades.

If I had a chance to redo my car from scratch I would have done a 5.4 Liter built motor 8.5:1 compression twin 62MM ball bearing turbo's. I did the tranny and fuel and exact way I wanted. Also I'd prefer to have a Built Level 5 IRS than my built solid, I like to feel really safe in turn :). And (flame suit on) Cobra R body kit and seats. Also I do a bigger Intercooler not a fan of the hellion kit.

So far I am still breaking in my motor ironing out some minor issues. Hopefully will put 300 miles on motor this weekend, then I will be up to 700 miles total.

Also I have the MMR 5.0 Stroker, Cams, Ported Heads.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
The market is tough right now for high dollar items like that. Most people are strokers who will offer you ridiculous things in trade for it. They will all say its priced to high for a "used" kit even though you have low miles on it. There was a guy in the classifieds who couldn't get $4500 for his Hellion kit. He kept dropping the price and finally decided to keep it I think.

If you were selling the blow thru setup I'd be interested in it. I want to go that route with mine before I install it.

shhak

Established Member
honestly, you'll lose your a$$ if you sell it. Most guys who want a kit and actually can afford it will want a new kit. Especially if there's not much difference in price. I knew a guy who would've been interested in it a few weeks ago, but we already started on a custom setup for his.

Good luck though!

YGETV8

Established Member
I know of a guy who swapped $2500 and a complete Eaton set up (albeit with several mods) for a VERY upgraded HP kit! The seller even delivered it!

Last edited:

SilverOne01

Established Member
Hell I'd rather let my kit sit in a basement and never sell than to lose my ass on that deal.

That's what I did with my Novi 2000 and Paxton IC (less than 5000 miles) when I tried to sell it. One guy even told me he would would be "willing" to give me $1200 for it all because there was no fuel system included. I just packed it up and put it away.

YGETV8

Established Member
Hell I'd rather let my kit sit in a basement and never sell than to lose my ass on that deal.

A good deal for a turbo kit, yes... but the other guy was trading a Stg. 4, ported TB/plenum, 2.8" upper, 2# lower assembly, dual HE w/ reservoir, full Billetflow idlers, JLT "Big Boost" CAI, MAC long tubes w/ BBK H, and every last nut, bolt and sensor needed to go back to the Eaton. I don't think the turbo guy "lost his ass" by any means... more like netting over $5K for the turbo kit, if not more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread