If I had an axle back made would you be interested

impactblue

Established Member
I had a custom exhaust made for my new car. Stainless piping. Black 4" tips that actually fill in that gap a little and are further out than the stock that I felt were too far forward.

It is a muffler delete but keeps the stock mid muffler/resonator. Best sounding car I've heard. Not even close to too loud. If your behind the car sounds like heaven and it didn't change my interior sound at all. At least noticeably but roll the windows down and it sounds amazing. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415551872.541821.jpg

The exhaust stock is welded all the way up to the catalytic converter so it would have to be cut and welded or clamped. It will not damage your stock mufflers. It would also be a legal exhaust because of the mid muffler. Let me know what you guys thinkImageUploadedByTapatalk1415551961.330893.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415551973.191093.jpg

http://youtu.be/s4Xv5PdXK8c

Last edited:

impactblue

Established Member
If I were to do this i will be hand checking each part so I don't think quality will be a problem

impactblue

Established Member
It sounds amazing. Video makes it sound very loud but in person you will never run into noise violations or pissed neighbors

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Ford Racing offers an axle back for the Ecoboost, you just cut the stock piping a bit behind the muffler after a 90* bend. Don't see why the same couldn't be done on the GT. Looking forward to hearing the muffler delete though, would be a lot easier than a full catback swap.

Husker

Established Member
Please, make another video, you know, the kind where we get all the scenario's. I'm very interested BTW.

impactblue

Established Member
Ford Racing offers an axle back for the Ecoboost, you just cut the stock piping a bit behind the muffler after a 90* bend. Don't see why the same couldn't be done on the GT. Looking forward to hearing the muffler delete though, would be a lot easier than a full catback swap.

Would be a lot cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread