if i had 20k with a stock 302 and nitrous how can i get into the 9s?

posstang93

im looking for opinions. If I had 20k laying around nitrous nos system, 93 mustang lx, stock 302 block that was sent to the machine shop to be built up how can I get this car to get into the 9s? also with a built c4 transmission? looking for opinions. thanks

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
if you inhale the N20 when you type you will have a 9 second car.....

stang910

Established Member
If you want to dump 20k into your car to run 9's you better just give the machine shop your stock block and go get yourself a Dart block. Your going to want around 600rwhp and starting with the stock block as your foundation is a bad idea.

posstang93

I found that out later on i shouldve went with a 351w block much thicker and better or a dart block like you said but being that I was new to the racing scene thats what happens kinda just was wondering if I can run single digit times with a stock block 302

CurtisD

A balanced scat or eagle stroker rotating assembly is a good start. De-burring of the block and quality machine work. A main girdle and valley support system. Good flowing set of aluminum cylinder heads with a cam and good valve train. That being said, it's best to just buy a Dart block and good rotating assembly with good heads. That is a foundation you can make more power with later if you want to and you will. Also keep in mind that a nine second car requires lots of safety equipment, a NHRA certified chassis, and a competition licence. I went down the same road with my lx coupe and should have started out with the Dart block instead of wasting my time with the stock block. Keep your original engine on a stand though. Later on you willl be wanting your old stock mustang again and wish you would have bought a racecar. You can build a nine second car for 20k from scratch.

Troponin

Established Member
Coyote + TT = 8s.

I agree with the above. Its cheaper and easier to buy a car already built. I probably also wouldn’t use a 302 if I was looking for 9 seconds.

BigWill90

Established Member
If plan on using a stock block ditch the 302 get a 351 block , 408 or 418 stocker kit , AFR Heads & nitrous . Hit up Team Z front and rear suspension and strengthen the rear end, last built c-4 , glad exc.. Been there done that ..

Users who are viewing this thread