Idle and Lagging issues

blowbyyou

Established Member
My car idles like crap, it will sit and bounce between 300-1200 RPM's and sometimes dies. I have been told that it could possibly be the IAC and I have been told it might not be. Any thoughts?

The car also when it gets to running temperature feels like it loses all power. It feels like I am towing something behind me when I punch it at running temp, but when the motor is below running temp it boosts and pulls like crazy. It is not throwing any codes or anything either.

The car is a 2000 GT with a D1sc-procharger, 3.4 pulley, stock motor, typhoon upper intake, sct programmer, 40amp BAP, and full exhaust.

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Mechanical issue versus a tuning issue?

I am not qualified to say. Sounds more like a bad tune if bouncing revs and running like crap at temperature??

Clean your IAC and MAF? Maybe others have more suggestions?

blowbyyou

Established Member
It sounds like a crappy tune. Who tuned it?

It was tuned by Heath in 2006 when he owned Modular Maddness here in Utah, but it has just been getting progressively worse over the past year or so. It is going back to Heath at Premier Performance in a week so we will see what happens with a new tune.

SVT99Stang

Team Pure Insanity Racing
Established Member
Sounds like the MAF sensor is crapping out. Try cleaning it. If that doesnt help try unplugging the maf and see if it makes a difference. If it makes a huge difference that replace the maf. I just dealt with this issue on a customers car. S drove great again.ame symptoms as you and when we replaced the maf sensor it

guitar maestro

Established Member
Use your Xcal to log stft's, ltft's, isc duty cycle, ISC integrator, maf a/d counts, open/closed loop flag once you are absolutely sure you have no vacuum nor exhaust leaks. Diagnosing/tuning with mechanical issues such as leaks is pointless since you'd be chasing your own tail.

blowbyyou

Established Member
Just had it retuned yesterday, put down 457hp and 434tq. The problem was that the BOV was routed in and pushing all the hot air right to the IAT sensor. Relocated that sensor and everything is running top notch!

Users who are viewing this thread